Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2005 10:22:07 AM EDT
How does this sling adapter compare to others such as those made by GG&G or Daniels Defense?

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/1005-914-2942-t.asp

From their site:
The newly designed Bushmaster Modular Accessory System Tactical Sling Adapter is made for attaching various types of tactical slings. It allows mounting either web type slings or those that have “lobster claw” type clips. This phosphate finished steel adapter plate replaces the receiver end plate of your telestock, and allows ambidextrous sling mounting on either the primary, or offside shoulder position for a comfortable “tactical” carry of the weapon. Removal of the stock and receiver extension is necessary for adapter installation.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#1]
i cant give any comparisons, but I have it on my AR and I like it very well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]
So the other manufacturers machine their adapters?  I have a GG&G adapter for a rifle that I mistakenly bought because I only have a carbine.  The quality is quite good and, as you pointed out ARin, it doesn't have any sharp edges.  I would rather not have to go through the trouble of chamfering and refinishing anything.

Thanks to both of you for the input.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top