User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 2:41:33 AM EDT
has anyone used thier one point sling?
catfish
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:35:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the encounter sling and love it.  It is very comfortable and work well.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
how does it feel hang after awhile. i will be carring my carbine on long walk looking for hogs and was not sure if it would start burning were it hangs. i really like the way it looks but wasnt sure if i needed a three point instead.
catfish
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi Catfish,

I actually met the president of Tactical link at a firearms instructor conference in Washington state.  He is a helluva nice guy and even let my friend use a sling during an advanced patrol rifle class.  It is a normal single point sling but can be detached quickly.  The sling stays on you and he has a special 4 point attachment that allows you to unclip the weapon but leave the sling on.  Does this make sense?

He told us that he had sold them to everyone in the Washington State Striker Brigade and that they all loved them there in the sandbox.  

Bottom line, good quality item, just too steep pricewise for a regular street cop like me.  ($115) for the single point he put on my buddy's rifle for evaluation during the course we were taking.  I am pretty sure though that he has less expensive ones ($60) or so I believe.  Like any single point, it's tough to run with them as the front sight blade usually clangs you in the family jewels if you're not careful.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:19:59 AM EDT
[#4]
This sling looks very well made and dependable. I agree with bobafett126 that the price is high and would prob prevent me from getting one right now.

I checked there site and the pricing for the Stealth Series setup is $115.00/Encounter Series setup is $125.00

If there are a bunch of people that are interested, maybe we could go in on a bulk deal (atleast 6 or more needed).

^_^_^
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#5]
hey now that is an ideal. hopefully we can get some more poeple interested
catfish
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top