Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2005 8:28:48 PM EDT
Dear Good Folks,
Just put together my first AR carbine with a collapsible stock. (O.k. I screwed up once and my gunsmith had to re-do my attempt at the stock attachment.) I want to keep it simplehing
Thanks very much for your thoughts.

John B.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I am looking for a side mounted two point sling. Not sure, if the back attachment should be to the immediate rear of action or at the conventional position back on the stock.

I wonder about the rubber pad, too: are there different ones out?

I get a RRA 6 pos stock ( is that an A4 or M4 stock?).

And whats the "classic" CAR 4 pos stock called?

H
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the RRA 6 pos stock, solid, functional.  imo I find a rubber butt pad is not needed, unless for some reason you want to add more length to the stock.  A regular USGI nylon sling should do you find for plinking.  The Wilderness makes a nice standard sling also, and the sky is the limit when it comes to the other type slings and swivels.  Personal preference on the sling mounting position or the type sling being used will dictate where it goes.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top