Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2005 1:42:11 PM EDT
I AM LOOKING FOR REPLACEMENT CARRY HANDLES FOR BUSHMASTER AR-15S. I HAVE FOUND SEVERAL OUT THERE AND WITH GREATLY VARYING PRICES. CAN ANYONE GIVE INSIGHT AS TO WHERE I SHOULD SHOP TO GET QUALITY PARTS WITH A FAIR PRICE?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Just buy a name brand carry handle (Colt, Bushmaster, RRA) from one of the dealers that advertise on the Equipment Exchange here. Some folks will prefer one brand over the other but the 3 I mentioned are all pretty much the same.

BTW, please do not type in all caps. It's the Internet equivilant of YELLING.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything less than $100 for a top name is a good price.  There are several great deals on the EE in used equipment.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Save your money and Do Not Buy Used. My experience, YMMV. Ray
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Do not buy used? Why not, where's your logic coming from here? Not trying to flame you I am just wondering why not used, its not exactly a high wear part, It's a carry handle sight.

Many people buy flat top rifles throw an optic and BUIS on it and then sell the carry handle which is essentially brand new on the EE but list it in the USED section. I bought one myself from there and it's served me damn well. Buy used, save you're money since you will most likely end up buying a BUIS at some point anyways. They tend to go for about 70 bucks but I have seen them as low as 50 and has as 110. Watch the EE and you'll have one in no time. Agreed about the name brand though, there are Tapco ones out there for like 40 bucks and they will not hold zero, Bushy, Colt, DPMS, RRA, STAG/CMT, they will all serve you well.

Stev
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Not to turn this into a sale thread,  but I have 2 a3 BUSHMASTER removable carrying handles that im looking to sell for 75$.   Neither have been used,  the second I got my bushmasters,  I immedeatly removed the handles and placed them into the box the ar came with :D.  they have not even been altered with much less spent enough time outside to collect dust. these things still have the grease from the bm factory on them!  Im not looking to get as much as i can out of them just some cash for the new case I bought :D.

contact me if you are interested,  remember these are "used" but new also,  neither have seen more than 30 seconds in open air.

my contact information is email:   [email protected]  or [email protected]
my AIM: plztellmewhy182

thank ya!

--edit--

Bushmaster sells brandnew black a3 carrying handles (same ones i have) for 110$   just to give you a reference point on price.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do not buy used? Why not, where's your logic coming from here? Not trying to flame you I am just wondering why not used, its not exactly a high wear part, It's a carry handle sight.

Many people buy flat top rifles throw an optic and BUIS on it and then sell the carry handle which is essentially brand new on the EE but list it in the USED section. I bought one myself from there and it's served me damn well. Buy used, save you're money since you will most likely end up buying a BUIS at some point anyways. They tend to go for about 70 bucks but I have seen them as low as 50 and has as 110. Watch the EE and you'll have one in no time. Agreed about the name brand though, there are Tapco ones out there for like 40 bucks and they will not hold zero, Bushy, Colt, DPMS, RRA, STAG/CMT, they will all serve you well.

Stev

My logic ? Because my definition of "Good" condition does not include the corrosion and bent attachment knob I found on the carry handle I purchased awhile back. My version of good does not include damage to the part purchased. YMMV, Ray
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah, well thats understandable then. You should caled the jerk out on whoever sold you that carry handle. The one I got was brand new, as are many found on the boards. The "Used" section of the EE is one of the best parts of this site, give it another shot before you write it off completely.

Steve
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top