Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2005 3:34:28 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the quick detatch sling adapters?  I was curious as to how solid they are.  Has anyone ever had them just pop off with a good hard tug?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anyone have any experience with the quick detatch sling adapters?  I was curious as to how solid they are.  Has anyone ever had them just pop off with a good hard tug?  Thanks.

Yes.  Very.  No - will NEVER happen.  Although I have seen some broken early model TD QD swivel adapters.  They have since fixed their weaknesses/issues and are giving free upgrades to all who have them.

ETA:  On a side note, I have a cheapie made-in-china-of-low-quality-steel keychain that uses a ball-lock style attachment between the two sides.  Only two ball locks, not 4 like on the QD swivels.  Both sides are full of keys.  I've carried and used this same one every day for ~15 years and although all the finish is gone, looks like crap and it is somewhat looser than when it was new, I still can't pull it apart unless I depress the release button.

You'll go through many HK snap hooks long before you have to replace your first ball-lock QD swivel.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I love mine.

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking around for someone that has them, to do some more research on them.  Can't seem to find anyone with good pics.  Anybody know who's selling them?  Semi- interested in a rail mount and a barrel (under fsb) mounted one. Not to mention probably the stock mounts. Decisions, decisions...
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've been looking around for someone that has them, to do some more research on them.  Can't seem to find anyone with good pics.  Anybody know who's selling them?  Semi- interested in a rail mount and a barrel (under fsb) mounted one. Not to mention probably the stock mounts. Decisions, decisions...

I get Knight's QD swivels from Operation Parts
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I get Knight's QD swivels from Operation Parts

+1 for Knights and Operation Parts.  The KAC rail QD and receiver plate QD are some of the best out there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for operation parts... ordered a KAC rail mount and spare QD swivel. Ordered on Saturday morning. Shipped on Saturday. Arrived on Monday.

That was FAST SERVICE. Not bad transit time for half the way across the states.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know if the Knights allows the stock to be fully collapsed?  I know the TD PR-4 Doesn't.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if the Knights allows the stock to be fully collapsed?  I know the TD PR-4 Doesn't.

Thanks

Yes, it does.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top