Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2005 1:02:50 PM EDT
I don't see how these can work.  Anybody at viking think to put a picture on the instructions?  I have it on as the instructions verbally instruct, but man this can't be right,,,,,,,
Link Posted: 6/26/2005 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 1:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]
notice how the picture hides the (ridiculously long and untactical - hehehe) slack or what they call

remaining webbing

The material is too thin, not wide enough but redeemed by the quick adjust buckle.  I can see how that piece is a GREAT idea.  It happens to be fast and adjustable as opposed to the CQB solutions extension release buckle which is instantaneous and not adjustable.

But this sling will probably be on the EE soon.  not for me.  There's two and a half frikkin feet of slack hanging down in teh ready position, and if you try and shore it up, there goes your quick adjustment capabailty.

and seriously, that is THE MOST devious picture ever.  under his left elbow should be about two more feet of "remaining webbing" not the inches they couldn't cover up so had to let you see.
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 3:26:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I really, really like the Specter/CQB slings
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Chapperjoe,

The initial adjustment shoould be made at the attachment point where it hooks to your rifle. Once you have it adjusted correctly then you use the quick adjust buckle. In other words, the sling should be adjusted to fight correctly, then use the adjustable portion to tighten when needed. Such as climbing or rappelin, or transitioning to your sidearm.

After you are sure it is adjusted correctly the additional material is intended to be cut and burned. They were designed to work on shotguns as well, thus the extra length.

Hope this helps.
KL
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
no probs here, like it betta then my cqb sop 3 point. cinch it tight to retain weapon, and quick release for firning. personal choice. i also have 2 single point slings 1 grs the other cqb mout.

truly, there is no wonder sling that does everything well, and if they make one i will buy it then...

meat

ETA: asked hoplite what he uses in iraq.  vtac sling he said...
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah - well all that matters is they make a GREAT LIGHT MOUNT...
I have two of them..
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one on my Benelli. Like it a lot.Will probley put one on the U/L carbine I'me building.
I'll try to post a pic later.
Oh,and the guy in the above pic puts on a damn good 3-gun match.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah - well all that matters is they make a GREAT LIGHT MOUNT...
I have two of them..

+1 i use them on my non-SF setups (OP9)
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I really, really like the Specter/CQB slings

Me too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I got'em on ALL my gun.......best tactical sling ever designed!! Don't have all that crap in your face like other slings. And KL is a great guy too!!!!

Stuart............
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#11]
IIRC, the pics on their site are a bit 'devious' in another way as  the 'at ready' position and 'side slung' picture have the weapon slung on opposite (one is "patrol carry" style and the other is "CQB" style) shoulders, even though the text suggests it is a 'time lapse' type photo of its function.

I am also a bit curious as to why $2 of 1" webbing, 1 plastic ladder lock, and 2 plastic keepers cost $35 plus shipping.  But then again, they are making money off of it, and I am sitting here typing at a computer at 1am.

I must admit, the concept is really interesting.  I have been thining about making one from parts just to try out the concept, as I like the idea of being able to quickly "cinch up" the strap across my body.  Maybe add a fastex buckle to quickly dump the rifle if need be...

Dawg
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Here was my attempt at a VTAC "inspired" sling: Booty Fab

I wish it was 1.25" wide, but so far, so good...

Link Posted: 7/4/2005 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#13]
My RRA came with a Vtac sling that was padded.  I took it off and put on a black hawk 3 point.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#14]
It's the best tac sling going designed by a guy who has been there and done that.  It's also the only tac sling that can actually aid in shooting.  Tighten it up while prone/sitting/kneeling and it steadies up your position -  not as much as a ching or highpower sling but helpful nonetheless.

It is also the preferred sling by some of (if not the) the best rifle shooters on the planet like Bennie Cooley and Michael Voigt.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have one on my Benelli. Like it a lot.Will probley put one on the U/L carbine I'me building.
I'll try to post a pic later.
Oh,and the guy in the above pic puts on a damn good 3-gun match.

When is he going to be back to put on his match? I am dying to go.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Have the vtac sling.... I like it a lot.   great retention and not too thick and bulky
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I just ordered one on the recommendation of my neighbor who used it, and liked it, in IRAQ.  He wants to get some for his entire company.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#18]
So many slings in the market today that its hard to choose.  I think the Vtac hits the nail on the head.  Simple and all you need in a combat sling.  Nothing gets in the way but it is still fully adjustable.  Transitions are easy, weak side.....easy.  Nothing getting in your way especially when your already covered in gear.  I've tried all types of slings (3point,single point) and I still think the 2 point sling is the best way to go.

My M4 is set up with side adapter on the tube and a knights rail adapter mounted as close as possible to the delta ring.  When the weapon hangs down it acts like a 3 point this way but without all that webbing getting hung up on my mag pouches, etc.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So many slings in the market today that its hard to choose.  I think the Vtac hits the nail on the head.  Simple and all you need in a combat sling.  Nothing gets in the way but it is still fully adjustable.  Transitions are easy, weak side.....easy.  Nothing getting in your way especially when your already covered in gear.  I've tried all types of slings (3point,single point) and I still think the 2 point sling is the best way to go.

My M4 is set up with side adapter on the tube and a knights rail adapter mounted as close as possible to the delta ring.  When the weapon hangs down it acts like a 3 point this way but without all that webbing getting hung up on my mag pouches, etc.

After reading your post I gave it some thought; your right.  My blackhawk 3 point gets in the way and its a bitch to get on.  The Vtac 2 point is back on my AR.  The lower part of the 3 point was covering the left side of the rifle and getting in the way of my controls.  Thanks again.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top