Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 9:38:40 AM EDT
I went to the range last night and shot a quick 100 rounds, and afterwards my Hogue was loose. I have shot it plenty of times before and never had it move. I am going to tighten it back up and who knows maybe I didn't get it tight enough in the first place. Anybody have an opinion on putting a drop of loctite on the bolt so it will not back out? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#1]
i think you didnt tighten it enough the first time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I loctite everything of importance with the proper strength of loctite. It certainly won't do any harm, just make sure you determine the proper strength.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never heard of a grip coming loose that was installed tightly to begni with and used the lock washer that is always supposed to be there.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top