Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2005 4:56:07 AM EDT
Harris is OUT, Unfortunately. Space between legs is too little~1".
I want to mount a Bipod and a M6 in front of that, I would like the legs to fold forward and have the M6 sitting between the legs. M6 is 1.57" W x 3.4"L. I have seen many bipod options but w/o everything in hand I am not sure what will or how to fit. Bipods don't give dimensions between legs folded. Even wrote to some and got basic reply with no dimensions. I have seen some models that legs fold either way but I do not know the quality of these bipods.  In looks nice in my head, but will it work in reality? Whether it is monting rails drilling etc, the smith will do it.  This is racking my brain.Please, I don't want side/top mount M6.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:06:13 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you mounting it on? I assume its a carbine? You can get a rail that will bolt to your lower Handguard . Also there are parts to mount a standard bipod to your rail. Yankee Hill  makes a affordable system . Your bipod would have to be abck a ways to mount light too. Check out the EE or Industry for lots of options. Bright flashlights sells package lights. Also I have seen bi pods that mount to the barrel as well.  Check out the pict. thread for something ya like and e mail the owner /pict poster for input. I don't think you will find a bipod that will allow the light to work behind the bipod on the rail. As for having a gunsmith do it. Heck if ya can build an erector set you can install all the parts yourself.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What are you mounting it on? VARMINT 24" W/ Badger handguard so there is room
Yankee Hill  makes a affordable system. For What?
Your bipod would have to be abck a ways to mount light NO, thats why I am looking for the RIGHT Bipod
Bright flashlights sells package lights.  For what??
Also I have seen bi pods that mount to the barrel as well.  Never an ACCURATE option
Check out the pict. thread for something ya like and e mail the owner /pict poster for input. Already did all that unless someone has posted a pic of M6/bipod since
I don't think you will find a bipod that will allow the light to work behind the bipod on the rail. It is in FRONT of pod & Yes, TDI does but want to look at ALL options  
As for having a gunsmith do it. He is in process of building the custom accurized upper
Heck if ya can build an erector set you can install all the parts yourself.???YES, but if there is drilling, tapping, or cutting he might as well do it before he puts it all together.
Never asked about erector sets either, PLEASE No disparaging remarks, ONLY Knowlegable HELP
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey I'm trying to help. When you don't explain what type of gun/ system yer looking to put stuff on or what options you already have looked at how am I to know ? Sorry if ya don't want my help. How can you interpet my typing as smart ass remarks or otherwise? Sorry to have got ya excited. See if I was trying to piss ya off I would have said WTF do ya need a light on a varmiter gun anyway?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't yell at mehatI Just don't know all the options out there. Just many people on here try too hard to make people look stupid by putting a little too much into posts. I never said you did anything, just said don't want innuendos. Like your last sentence (WTF) could have just been omitted .
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Harris is OUT, Unfortunately. Space between legs is too little~1".
I want to mount a Bipod and a M6 in front of that, I would like the legs to fold forward and have the M6 sitting between the legs. M6 is 1.57" W x 3.4"L. I have seen many bipod options but w/o everything in hand I am not sure what will or how to fit. Bipods don't give dimensions between legs folded. Even wrote to some and got basic reply with no dimensions. I have seen some models that legs fold either way but I do not know the quality of these bipods.  In looks nice in my head, but will it work in reality? Whether it is monting rails drilling etc, the smith will do it.  This is racking my brain.
You get EXTRA Points for PICs.

Please, I don't want side/top mount M6.

BTDT, you don't want to do it, the legs of the bi-pod block the light a bit and you get wierd shadows and shit. kinda like with the barrel shadow. Frankly yer better off mounting a seperate laser and light if the laser is that important to you that is. Otherwise mout the light at the 3 or 9 on an agle mount  or just at the 3 or 9 regular like. As much as I like having an M6, it doesn't get used on my rifle all that much anymore, it's more practical for a handgun than it is for a rifle, at least thats what I've come to think of it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Photoman, So you have this set up??? Or have seen one? I have a few pics from TDI but the pod is way back. But if the legs fold back I will avoid the shadow, Hmmm wish I could see how bad shadows are. No I don't expect to use it too much. But I want to be ready for anything that comes in. If its too dark for ill. scope I go to scope w/ light or laser. I have had many an oppotunity to shoot critters in dark if I had a laser option.
Thanx, Info food for thought
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Photoman, So you have this set up??? Or have seen one? I have a few pics from TDI but the pod is way back. But if the legs fold back I will avoid the shadow, Hmmm wish I could see how bad shadows are. No I don't expect to use it too much. But I want to be ready for anything that comes in. If its too dark for ill. scope I go to scope w/ light or laser. I have had many an oppotunity to shoot critters in dark if I had a laser option.
Thanx, Info food for thought

I tried the set up out as a just curious thing and I didjn't like it one bit.
What kinda glass are you using o nthe gun? Are you allowed to use lasers for hunting? I don;t know how it is in oither states but we can't use lasers for hunting anything, and even though it's legal to use light at point of kill, the DNR frowns upon it. Course there are a lot of stupid ass laws on the books regarding guns because of poachers and stupid hunters.

Butyah I've tried it. Don't try to fit them on the 9 rail, it's more of a PITA than it's worth to get them there and working properly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#8]
BTDT ? Can't find my lingo sheet
I tried the set up out as a just curious thing. Thats what I am doing, House is paid and I have money to play
What kinda glass are you using o nthe gun? NIKON 3x10x50 Illuminated reticle
Are you allowed to use lasers for hunting? Was told YES, will anyway

Butyah I've tried it. Don't try to fit them on the 9 rail.  What is the nine rail. this is my first, I am still a Virgin
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Rocky 9 Bright Flashlights has a great sale on M6 $225!
Thanx
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BTDT ? Can't find my lingo sheet
I tried the set up out as a just curious thing. Thats what I am doing, House is paid and I have money to play
What kinda glass are you using o nthe gun? NIKON 3x10x50 Illuminated reticle
Are you allowed to use lasers for hunting? Was told YES, will anyway

Butyah I've tried it. Don't try to fit them on the 9 rail.  What is the nine rail. this is my first, I am still a Virgin

As far as the 9 thing. If yer using a railed forend it will have normaly 4 rails, one at12 o'clock, one at 3 and one each at 6 and 9 o'clock.

How late are you hunting? a 50mm objective should be plenty to see especially an iluminated retical. I know with mine I'm still good when it's rather dark out. Also the M6 won't doyou any good when it's real late anyway if yer lucky you'll get 60 or so yards to work with but not much more, throw in some vegitation and other natural stuffs and it probably doesn't do you anygood. what you may want is something like this  It should get you more usable light at greater distances than an M6 will.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Rocky 9 Bright Flashlights has a great sale on M6 $225!
Thanx

No problem, when I ordered from em I was really pleased with the sevice  too. Hope ya get everything ya need for your gun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#12]
SPOTS are illegal. We can hunt until midnight I believe. I won't expect anything over 60 which is where my bait is in open. But further in better conditions and then I will have to hope for snow and moons.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
SPOTS are illegal. We can hunt until midnight I believe. I won't expect anything over 60 which is where my bait is in open. But further in better conditions and then I will have to hope for snow and moons.

So spots are illegal but a flshlight is not? Round here a spot or a flashlight is still considered shinning. Unless it's unprotected species, than it's ok but only at point of kill. You should be good at those ranges with a small 60-65 lumen light like the M6 or a surefire or something.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top