Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2005 7:09:52 AM EDT
Ok, I am new to the ar world. I am reading about slings an am a bit confused.
I have slings on all my hunting rifles and just always simply carried my guns on my back.

What type sling would be recommended for an ar15 16"car? Why?

I am not using this gun for professional use but want to learn correctly the first tine.
Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#1]
here is a link that might help
http://www.tttmissionfirst.com/tras.html
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I narrowed it down to a single point sling.
I have read a lot of positive stuff here on this style set up but what are the cons?
Anything specific to stay away from?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the $10 walmart supersling black nylon web for my RRA ar15.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356072

I paid $10 for this supersling at walmart.Black nylon web sling.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it depends on your intended use for the rifle, and the amount of money you want to spend.

For a three point you can't go wrong with Specter (formerly CQB solutions).  If you're gonna be carrying the rifle around alot and you're gonna be outdoors (no CQB) then I think a three-point is the way to go.

For a single point you can go with Specter or Troy.  If you're gonna be using the rifle just at the range, or not carrying it all day, or if its your home defense rifle then I would go single point.

If you want the option for both and the option for two-point, then you can get the SOC-C contractor pack from Blue Force Gear (maybe Specter has one too, I'm not sure).  This sling gives you the option of single, two, and three point all in one.

There are also variations between the slings and their attachment methods and if they have a QR backup.

There's really alot of options and it depends on personal experience and what you're gonna do with the rifle.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you're gonna be using the rifle just at the range, or not carrying it all day, or if its your home defense rifle then I would go single point.

also variations between the slings and their attachment methods and if they have a QR backup.

There's really alot of options and it depends on personal experience and what you're gonna do with the rifle.  

That is what I was thinking. I ordered a single point and adapter off the EE.
I'll post a review when I get it.
Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top