Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2005 7:37:17 AM EDT
I'm looking to use a single point sling on an AR with collapsable (M-4 / CAR) stock.  Here's what I need to know:

1) I want a sling adapter that won't be so high such that I hit my hand on it when operating the charging handle.  In looking at the GG&G slotted adapter I see myself ripping some skin off my fingers when doing malfunction drills and needing to operate the charging handle with my support hand under stress.  I like the adapters with round holes that are a bit lower, which would give more hand clearance, but this requires a sling with a clip of some sort.  

2) I want a sling that can quickly be disconnected from the rifle.  Some slings are attached to the rifle, but have a release buckle that allows the sling to dissociate from the shooter without lifting it over the head.  That won't suit my needs.  I need to be able to keep the sling on, but unclip or unbuckle the rifle from the sling.

I'm told CQB solutions makes a sling that might suit my needs, but can't seem to find a web-site for them.  

Any advise on slings and adapters would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
check this out:
www.tttmissionfirst.com
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Blue Force Gear SOC-C, I've got their contractor pack on the way. Giffman is selling them in the EE.
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#3]
CQB Solutions is now Specter.
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple of the Daniel Defense Burnsed Loops and think they work great. The sling loop is set at a slight downward angle that gives you a little clearance when sweeping the charging handle. As far as slings go, I love The Wilderness single point sling, but it doesn't disconnect from the rifle like what you are looking for. You might check the Specter (CQB Solutions) link someone posted above.

Dave

edited for spelling
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Check out the Blue Force Gear SOC-C, I've got their contractor pack on the way. Giffman is selling them in the EE.

I received mine from Grant last week.  The contractor pack has so many parts, I was bewildered for hours.  The instructions were clear enough, but I wanted to see all of the combinations I could come up with.   That took three hours.  I have it attached to my rifle with the mounting points that work best for the setup.  Now, I'm going to use some of the others to create points on another upper.  It's as cool as the MIAD.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I like GRSC CQB slings, for many reasons.

www.grsc.com/cqb.html

They can use CHEAP stock plate adapters, available anywhere, for $15.  They use a sailors snap hook, or the HK style hook to attach.  You dont have to buy an extra ERB buckle for each weapon you want to install it on, like the Spectre MOUT.  (I have that one... it's good, but not as good as the GRSC)

Also, since they use a standard hook attackment point, you can use the sling with a wider array of weapons/objects, than the dedicated ERB connectors on the Spectre.

Plus, they are 1.5" wide... slightly more comfortable to wear for extended periods than the Spectre gear.

I bought into all the spectre gear hype, got one, paid for the GGG adapters, the extra weapon adapters...etc..etc..  and wnet back to my GRSC.  Dont know what I was thinking.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
DD plate and a Giles sling.

Single points get A LOT of rotational wear and NONE are as tough as the Giles.

I'm running DD on all but one of my carbines. The odd one out has a ggg plate that sits higher and is finally starting to eat a Wilderness single point. All but one of my AR's wear The Wilderness slings, but I think that may change soon...
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#12]
DD plate and Giles sling here...simple and built to last, The standard bearer of single point slings and plates IMHO.
The new Tango Down single point sling connector with quick disconnect swivel  may be the next best think though...
Link Posted: 2/10/2005 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm using the Troy sling.  This thing is extremely comfortable, and it connects with an easy HK style snap hook to the sling adapter of your choice.
Link Posted: 2/10/2005 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DD plate and a Giles sling.

Single points get A LOT of rotational wear and NONE are as tough as the Giles.

I'm running DD on all but one of my carbines. The odd one out has a ggg plate that sits higher and is finally starting to eat a Wilderness single point. All but one of my AR's wear The Wilderness slings, but I think that may change soon...

Those GGG plates are crap.  They have obvious sharp edges that will eat into the sligns that attach with nylon.  The DD plates are smooth, but I had trouble finding a lefty model when I ordered my spectre sling.
Link Posted: 2/10/2005 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Those GGG plates are crap.  They have obvious sharp edges that will eat into the sligns that attach with nylon.  The DD plates are smooth, but I had trouble finding a lefty model when I ordered my spectre sling.

My experience is the opposite - the GG&G I have is smooth and nicely rounded.  The DD I had looked rough and stamped, plus it bit my thumb knuckle (Ergo grip user) when activating the safety.

The GRSC plate with the hole will actually work with a CQB / Specter HSTS jammed through it.  Little wear, and clearance for both the thumb and the CH.
Link Posted: 2/10/2005 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm using the Troy sling.  This thing is extremely comfortable, and it connects with an easy HK style snap hook to the sling adapter of your choice.

I like my Troy sling, but I still haven't gotten the bugs out of the fit yet.  I'm not that short, but even with most of the slack out of it, the gun hangs too low.  I think the short strap between the loop and the hook is the culprit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2005 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like my Troy sling, but I still haven't gotten the bugs out of the fit yet.  I'm not that short, but even with most of the slack out of it, the gun hangs too low.  I think the short strap between the loop and the hook is the culprit.

Yeah, I'm kinda on the short side, so it does fit the bill nicely for me.  Do youhave one of the initial designed ones, or one of the new improved versions?  I"m running the initial one.  I looked at one of the improved ones at SHOT, but I really can't remember what all had changed exactly.  Their website still shows the first version.  But I'm pretty sure that short strap you mentioned is a little longer now.  There was something else changed about it, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2005 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My experience is the opposite - the GG&G I have is smooth and nicely rounded.  The DD I had looked rough and stamped, plus it bit my thumb knuckle (Ergo grip user) when activating the safety.

I have Ergos on all my AR's and have plenty of clearance...
Link Posted: 2/10/2005 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#19]
MOUT
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 4:55:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#21]
My BFG SOC-C kit arrived today:

think this will be my default set-up:

sling is non-IR reflective 1.25” nylon webbing

Here's a run down by Ashley of Blue Force Gear pulled from Lightfighter's forums:

Yeager's needs inspired this expanded sling pak. For Contractors and others who need a kickass sling but don't know what weapon they'll use until they get there:

From left to right, top to bottom:

- Vest/LBE adapter strap - for those who prefer no sling while armored up
- Short universal loop - AK/shotgun stocks and many other apps
- Long universal loop - many uses
- HK hook adapters (2) - HK weapons and any others with eyelets or rings
- Elastic bands (2) - to secure loose ends or stop hook rattle
- Strap connectors (2) -connects to singlepoint adapter plates or any other std sling loops
- CAR/M4 front band connector
- CAR buttstock connector
- A1/A2 buttstock connector - also fits other similiar buttstocks(shotguns :-)

At the bottom is the SOC-C Sling which can be configured as a one point, two point or three point sling! It and all the adapters are AMBI.

Link Posted: 2/12/2005 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Do you know if their sling adapter for the collapsible stock will work for lefties?
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Do you know if their sling adapter for the collapsible stock will work for lefties?

yes, they are all ambidextrous, except for the one he has pictured on his front handguards- it can be flipped, but will show the backside of all of the stitched components which is really no big deal.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I know this is an old thread but does anyone have any impressions of the YHM ambidextrous sling adapter? I've been looking at getting one and wanted to make sure there isn't something wrong with it that i didnt notice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#26]
If you like the QD swivels Tango Down has the new PR-4 mount. Requires no removal of the stock and gives you three sling points. If mounted in the center or rear position, it does not interfere with anything.

You do lose the last notch on the stock, but it will lock, and is locked in the photos.

And rumor has it they are making an adaptor for it that will take the HK style sling hooks.

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#27]
CQB plate and troy sling
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If you like the QD swivels Tango Down has the new PR-4 mount. Requires no removal of the stock and gives you three sling points. If mounted in the center or rear position, it does not interfere with anything.

That seems like it would fit the bill for me. Where are they available?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Tag  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Tag. I think a single point will work for me.

More input need more input
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Check out the tactical tailor urban ops sling i used it during OIF with very good results.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That seems like it would fit the bill for me. Where are they available?

Directly from the tango down website, and I think Bowers Tactical might have some. (or did)
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top