Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 7:20:14 PM EDT
Has any one used on of these for there AR?

Click on the pic

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/product_images/1277/VEST-136.jpg

For $20 it might be a good buy. There is a NATO woodland, fake MARPAT and a this one.

Now this stuff will not be used as a go to war or LEO set up just as a range/comp rig only.

I appreciate any help. RED
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a guy on Ebay that sells these in a variety of colors. I have no idea how good they are, but they look like they might be okay for the money.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Get an SOE rig from Lightfighter... I doubt that a rig that cheap will hold up like an SOE rig. You get what you pay for.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thakns for your imput guys.

RE: glockguy40

I hear you on the Q/C thing; but @ $20 is more my speed for stuff thats only going to the range. RED
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, SOE is way overkill for range/plinkin' duty.  Hell, for $20 even if it falls apart on you after a year, it's not like you are out much money.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
jason_h,

Good point. Thanks alot. RED
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought one.   I decided on the marpat woodland.  It is made in china of course!  The mag pockets will hold two magazines each with magpuls attached.  The velcro looks okay.  The quick releases are a tad small but adequate.  The shoulder straps a nicely padded.  The two larger side pockets are about the size of a SAW pouch each.  The smaller looking pocket in the front with snaps runs along the entire obverse of the mag pockets.  It would make a good map pocket.  It feels okay when worn.  It is secured to the waist by a piece of webbing and a quick release buckle.   The ends of the webbing are folded over and sewn so that the quick release buckles won't come off.  I like it for the $20(+s&h) I spent for it.  I also understand the quality gear thing BUT  for what I am going to use it for(storing mags,an MRE and some survival gear) it will do just fine.  The pocket on the shoulder is good for two "blow out" bandages or quick clot and another type of bandage.  I plan on mounting a knife on the other one.  Decent kit for the price!  Reminds me of the chest rigs that you used to get with the chicom SKS years ago.  Go buy it.

DAROGUE1
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:16:15 AM EDT
[#7]
On that same token what about cheap packs such as this one, i found on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=588&item=2279146853&rd=1
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:40:46 AM EDT
[#8]

They will break at the worst time IMHO.

My first rig was an inexpensive Chinese made LBV.  I bought it because all I was going to do with it was carry some gear into the woods while hunting.  Somewhere around my third trip with it, I jumped a fence and the suspender straps broke when I hit the ground.  

Lesson learned...as far as I was concerned.  Get the best that you can afford and you may only have to but it one time.

GoodLuck.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
For a little more money, CQB solutions makes a nice chest rig for $60. I have one and wouldn't hesitate to use it for har use.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top