Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 4:19:50 PM EDT
Alrightly then.  Make a case (pun intended) for your preferred method for protecting your AR while traveling to and from the range.  I'm talking about bags and cases.  Are BlackHawk's products the best?  Tell me what works best for you.

-YJ
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
YJ
I like and use the Galati Int'l cases. Nylon with ample padding, carry strap, accessory compartment, and 4 mag holders that comfortably hold 2 30rndrs per pouch.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a LBT dual soft rifle case that is built as well as, or better than, any other soft case available.  The soft case holding two AR-15s fits perfectly inside of one of my Troy Ind./Starlight hardcases if I need more protection or if I am traveling.  I've also got an old-school "Made in the USA" Blackhawk Industries discreet case that works well to carry a single carbine and related gear.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a Blackhawk combo case/shooting mat for my .308 and I like it.  It takes a minute or two to strap everything in, but it holds the rifle very securely and has good padding.  I use a discrete carrying case for my AR that I purchased from Bushmaster (which I am pretty sure is an Eagle brand case) and it is a great rifle case.  Lots of padding, heavy duty zippers, plenty of room for accessories.  I would recommend both.  I also have a couple of Starlight double rifle cases, but have not used either yet.  The are pretty big and pretty heavy, but I think they would do an excellent job of protecting whatever the hell you put in there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]
None, that's one of the purposes for the sling.  However, I'm looking at getting one of those Bulldog cases.  Anyone know if these are adequate?
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top