Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2004 7:19:21 PM EDT
I'm looking at both. Anyone have one or know about the quality of these two brands?
I'm not near any stores to see them in person and the net pics are sometimes deceiving.

Thanks, Danny
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a galati case for one of my rifles.... it works for my purposes. Nothing to get too excited about though. Decently well padded. If you want a soft case for your rifle, they are a middle of the road option. So far it has protected my gun without fail... which is the most import thing for me. A hard case would be a better way to go though if you want 100% certainty that your gun will be protected.

For hard cases, they rank in the following order:

1. starlight cases
2. pelican
3. everything else is junk

Hope this helped.

Glockguy40

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Pelican over Starlight based on personal experience.  A customer had 4 precision rifles in a Blazer and was involved in a serious accident.  3 Rifles were in Pelican cases, 1 in a Starlight.  The Rifle that was in the Starlight case punched out the side of the case.  The barrel was sticking out about 12".  The Pelican cases were banged up, but the rifles were undamaged.  The PD called the shop to retrieve the rifles on the customer's request, as he was in critical condition, so I was able to see the cases firsthand.

This is very unscientific.  Just personal observation.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Galati case.  The drawback is that the case doesn't fold open.  This isn't necessarily bad.  The reason it doesn't fold open is because the zipper doesn't extend all the way around to the muzzle end.  This means the muzzle end is thoroughly padded around the muzzle of your weapon.  Other positive features are the price and overall quality (value for the dollar).
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pelican over Starlight based on personal experience.

+1. Pelican is the way to go.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top