Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2004 1:01:05 PM EDT
I've got a Colt 6400C M4 carbine with the ARMS SIR slimline foregrip. I purchased a tango down Vertical Grip and can't seem to get it to mount properly on the SIR rail on the bottom of the foregrip. I was curious if anyone else has used this combination and if so what the key to properly installing it is.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The TD grip doesn't fit the bottom rail on the SIR. There was somebody making an adaptor for it, but they don't do it anymore. There is or was a post in one of the other forums about this, and a workaround. I'll see if I can find it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
TD was the one making the rail, I got one for my SIR 58.  Contact Chen Lee @ CL Tactical as he said he may have one or two left I think.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Put it in a vise and hit the top with a bastard file.  Also hit the inner rail at the top.  Take it slow.  Eventually it will fit nicely.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Bevel the channel in the grip with a Dremel until it will fit the rail without rubbing.  Take it slowly.  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top