Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2004 5:33:50 PM EDT
OK, I need a case that will hold 2 weapons for Air Transport.  One is a 20" SAM-R, and the other is a 14.5" Carbine.

HERE IS THE CATCH...

The weapons will have to be separated into the upper/lower for size constraints.  I have a small car w/ no trunk space (350Z), and will need to get these to the airport.  Front seat is OK, but a 50" case will not fit there.  I do not have access to any other vehicle.  I have one pelican 1600 for the 14.5", but the 20" won't fit in it alone, or with the 14.5".  Mag and optic storage is a plus.

Any help is appreciated.

IO1
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No body has any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
cheaperthandirt.com (hold the laughter) has a selection of aluminum double-rifle cases that might work for you.  let me know if this helps, ey.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
why not stick with Pelican - i have a 1750(not what your looking for at all) but they have shorter ones made just for that!  

like the:

1650(which, if you broke your rifles down could hold both, with all the optics and mags you could ever want)

1700 is about 40in in length - less that 4ft will fit in pass seat.  its what i was going to buy for my two ARs.

if you are looking for good prices check out allcases.com - they are FL based but i bet that even with the shipping the price would be better than some of your local shops.

There is no need to compramise your rifles with a shoddy case - Pelican is expensive but in my opinion, very worth the money!

my .02
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, and I agree 110% on the shoddy cases.  As I mentioned, these kits have to fly, and its not like airlines are going to take care of $7500 worth of my hardware.  I will look into the 1650 for this run.  Thanks for the replies.

IO1
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top