Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 1:42:56 PM EDT
Guys,
 I am enjoying my new 6920, and just for farts and giggles, which bayonet is supposed to go on this rifle?  I have an old M7, but that doesn't sit right, it is that new M9?  I really don't have need for it except to piss of a liberal. Barrel is 16.1 inches

TIA
James
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe bayos fit on carbines.......the spacing or some such.  I have read of retro kits to modify existing bayonets to make them work.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have an old M7, but that doesn't sit right

What exactly do you mean? It wobbles? If that's what's happening, I believe they all do that. My M7 wobbles on my AR, as does my 10" bayo on my Garand.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]
of course there is a bayo to fit carbines, I can't believe the govt would arm millions of troops with an m4 carbine and not have a simple tool of a bayonet( weapon has the bayo mount too)

As for the M7 it wobbles badly, but it also rests behind the birdcage.

Isn't the new m9 bayo slightly longer( says it fits M16s, Ar15s, M4s, etc)

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#4]
there is a special bayo that will fit the 16 inch barrel - the bayonet has a longer handle added onto it.

bayonets fit the standard 20 inch barrels, the 14.5 inch barrels, and also the RRA midlenth stlye uppers.

This is the reason I have a 20 inch upper and am working on a midlength -(16 inch - upper).

I hope this helps.

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:14:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
of course there is a bayo to fit carbines, I can't believe the govt would arm millions of troops with an m4 carbine and not have a simple tool of a bayonet( weapon has the bayo mount too)

As for the M7 it wobbles badly, but it also rests behind the birdcage.

Isn't the new m9 bayo slightly longer( says it fits M16s, Ar15s, M4s, etc)

The military issue M4 is a 14.5" barrel. The bayonet does fit that one, and the 20" barrel. It won't fit the 16" barrel. You can get bayonets that are modified to work on the 16" but they don't fit the 16" civilian versions.

There is a baayonet lug you can buy that bolts on the barrel ahead of the front sight tower.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top