Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2004 4:24:14 PM EDT

I am entertaining the thought of taking some carbine classes and possibly competing with this M4.  I am completely in the dark about slings and I would like to avoid the parade of slings to find the one I want.  Please recommend a sling and mounts, if needed, and why.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The Wilderness

The go-to company for serious slings.  They were building combat-effective slings when most other companies weren't in business.  They are the only slings I will use.  You want either the Giles Sling, or the Single Point (TM) Sling.

Simply the best.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Wilderness

The go-to company for serious slings.  They were building combat-effective slings when most other companies weren't in business.  They are the only slings I will use.  You want either the Giles Sling, or the Single Point (TM) Sling.

Simply the best.

+1
But if you go for a Giles sling, it definately helps to have a QD front sling swivel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:45:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey that's my gun! Well almost. Our guns are twins except mine has no rails up front yet. And my front sight is the standard fixed one. (Is that the PRI?)

Go with a single point sling. I like the Daniel Defense sling mount, or you could go with the GG&G. I run a DD Burnsed loop with a sling from CQB Solutions. I have both the HST sling and a MOUT sling. Either will work well for you, and will serve you well in any carbine class.

If you go with a two or three point, then use a side sling adaptor like the KAC on the front handguard rail at 9 o'clock.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait for "southern" at Blue Force Gear to release his convertable sling.....Trust me it is all things to all people....By one sling and you have a 3 point, 2 point, single point, and many other options.  More to come later.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is that the PRI?

Quick spec rundown:

Colt M4 barrel
PRI flip sight/gas block
DD 7.0 FF tube
Aftermarket M4 upper receiver
JP stainless tactical bolt group
Setscrewed/welded Vortex G6
LMT rear BUIS
Aimpoint M2 on ARMS cantilever
Bushy lower with factory LPK

Thanks so far on the info.  The sling is essentially the finishing touch on this one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wait for "southern" at Blue Force Gear to release his convertable sling.....Trust me it is all things to all people....By one sling and you have a 3 point, 2 point, single point, and many other options.  More to come later.

Semper Fi
Jeff

I think he means this one:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=200287

I just bumped it .........

And I'd agree, but I can't agree with him. He has more posts than I do now.......
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
CQB Solutions CST or SOP sling. Best of both worlds. Can be used like a standard 3-point sling, or quickly transitioned to hang more like a 1-point sling. Only downside is that sometimes the transition latch doesn't always positively latch all the way if you are in a hurry.  
I also own the Wilderness Giles sling and CQB MOUT w/ DD burnsed loop which are both fine slings, but I prefer the SOP and CST slings for the versatility.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top