Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 1:02:34 PM EDT
Sling Plate Photo
I got this to use with the new Blue Force Gear sling.  I got it installed yesterday but I didn't have my Coyote VLTOR back yet.  Well I got my stock back today and slid it on the VLTOR tube and it won't close all the way.  Whats up with that?  It hits the female KAC adaptor on the sling plate.  This thing was designed by VLTOR so you would think it would work with a VLTOR stock and tube.  I never use it all the way collapsed anyway but it still kind of pisses me off.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe that's why Vltor decided not to market it?   Funny you pointed it out, now I notice that every pic I see of it, the stock isn't fully closed...

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:58:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it doesn't bother me either.  I just think they should tell you that before someone buys it that likes to close their stock all the way.  I am starting to really like this setup though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:11:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The only push-button style receiver end plate that I'm aware of which allows the stock to fully close and lock is the one by KAC.

The fact that the stock doesn't lock in the closed position doesn't bother me, personally

And to quote Wes at MSTN, the KAC unit is "backordered to hell and gone"

I'd have a couple if I could get them, but I guess that isn't going to happen any time soon.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought the stock not closing all the way was a big deal at first.  After much use, it's no longer an issue.  I never shot with the stock fully collapsed anyways. The 180 quick detach is awesome!  Weapon still fits in its case no problem.  

If it really bothers you, maybe try removing some material from the bottom of your stock to allow it to clear(not sure thats possible with a Vltor and its storage tubes, I don't have mine infront of me at the moment).

good luck
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Maverick656,

I'm not sure what you are seeing as my vltor stock closes without issue with the X-180. I'm running their 680QRB sling and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed. Transition is very easy and I have no issues with  the stock fully collapsed.

Not trying to be "Captain Obvious" here, but did you install this yourself, and is it possible that you can back off the tube one full turn and still hold the buffer retainer pin?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
That was my first thought was I could back it off but I couldn't without the buffer ret. pin popping out.  Like I said I never used it fully closed and would still highly recommend this mount because I really like it.  I just wanted to ask if this was normal and maybe give others a heads up that might want one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Maverick-

I bought two X-180s for two of my guns and I'm running Vltor stocks on both. With both stocks collapsed, one has a little space between the stock and the sling mount. The second one was touching just a bit and wouldn't allow the stock to latch in the forward position. I wondered how much was it off? So, I hit the stock on the bottom (not hard) and it locked into postion. I guess it's off only by a 1/32nd of an inch. It really doesn't bother me, but I can understand your concern.

The question is, is it the X-180s problem, or is there a problem with the guns construction?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:01:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah actually mine will close all the way but I have to do just what you said and give it a good whack and will close but then it is smashed up against the female adaptor.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Those w/ positive experiences and those w/ negative  experiences w/ the X180 and the Vltor collapsible stocks ...

It's important to note the components of the systems in question ie. the lower manufacturer and the receiver ext. (buffer tube) manufacturer.  The sling mt. was designed around a Colt brand lower using a Colt/Mil spec. extension (tube).  Switching of 1 or more of these components can lead to tolerance stacking.  In certain instances that may lead to some of the problems being experienced.  The sling plates and Vltor stocks should work w/ Colt/Vltor tubes/ext.s and will usually work w/ LMTs, though some more variations were found using LMTs than Colt/Vltor.

/S2
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine is a VLTOR Tube on a DPMS lower.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Bushmaster lower and Vltor tube.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#13]
KAC lower, Colt tube.

Thanks for the tip,  good solid push and violla...latched fully closed

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top