Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 10:08:32 AM EDT
Bushmaster used to also make sell a gun lock fo the AR that looked like a magazine. Once installed and locked it prevented you from retracting the bolt and inserting a mag..(obviously)

However I could not find it on thier website so I emailed them about it. They said they no longer carry it nor do they know anyone else who does...

So does anyone else on this board know where I can get one?? It was really a great locking device!

Update: Found an archived version of the website...
web.archive.org/web/20020608155215/bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/pai-1.asp

http://web.archive.org/web/20020608155215/http://bushmaster.com/shopping/accessories/Images/pai-1.jpg
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that one of the now defunct Saf-T-Lock company's products?  That might explain why you can't purchase it any longer.

I only found one seller of AR-15 magazine locks via a quick Google search - Marstar in Canada.  Their magazine lock doesn't look exactly the same as what you pictured, but it is close:

Marstar does sell to Americans, so give them a call if you are really interested.  But do it quickly, since Marstar is clearing out their magazine locks as well.

Is your heart set on a magazine lock?  A cable lock, while not as attractive, is certainly more readily available.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that looks pretty close to the one I have.

I am not against cable's...the mag lock is just faster/easier.

--Mark
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
You're welcome.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top