Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 12:11:10 AM EDT
wtf is this? it has to do with airsoft but can it be used for 40mm practice rounds? All I know about it is that you can fire BBs from the shells but the shells stay in the launcher. Maybe I am just stupid.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks sweet - unfortunately - I think the shells simply act as a mag for the bb,s - when you pull the trigger, it expells X # of bbs and the shell stays there.

I I have a spass12 airsoft shotty - the shells are spring loaded mags that are disguised as shells, they dont eject. It sprays 3 bbs on every trigger pull.

Looks like we are still stuck with the clunky cobray/bushy/rpb launchers still....

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The firing pin the the 203 hits the shell right and makes the BBs spray. If that is true, I would hav eto buy you a pratice grenade and see if the launcher really works.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Loading the M203 is identical to the way you would load a TM Benelli or TM SPAS-12 shotgun. This M203 is based on the shotgun shell design and therefore also takes one shell in it's loading chamber (see below). The only difference is that the shotgun shells are red and the M203's shell is green. Just like the shotguns, this shell takes 30 BB's which are easily loaded into the shell by using a loading tool (included).

review -

Check that out - In my shotgun, the primer is cosmetic, so it could not fire a real 12 guage shell. No firing pin -
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Former arisoft retailer here....

The sun project "firing plunger" does not "strike" at the area of the primer, it simply pushes on it causing the shell to release its gas and expel the BB's. there is no firing "pin"

Also the barrel tube is plastic, which I am sure would become nicely embedded in your face and shooting companions as shrapnel,  IF you were to find a way to make it fire a real practice round.

A metal barrel is available, but again it is a lightweight aluminum alloy (probably not suitable for firing pressures)

I have sold lots of these in the airsoft world, very impressive spread on 168 BB's, nice plume of gas discharge too!

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you trying out for the Darwin awards?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
lol

M4guru, I was thinking the same  : )

famous last words  "HEY GUYS WATCH THIS!"

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Just so everyone is clear - I would never , ever, attempt to put a live round through an airsoft  toy.

I should have been more clear in my post, but this is common sense.

Here is a pic from a reload gone bad fired from a real launcher , follow the link underneath if you want to see the left over flesh.

svtfast: if you want to practice with your 40mm rounds - visit 37mm.com for all the info you need on the subject.

warning> Grog's Must Read Safety Page

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top