Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2004 8:01:34 PM EDT
I'm considering attaching a three-point sling directly to the angled strut of the FSB.  In anyone's experience, could this potentially loosen up the FSB block over time, cause it to shift at all, or change POI vs POA to any significant degree?

To head off suggestions for alternatives to the above mounting method: a one-point sling will not work for my application, I won't be mounting a railed forend as a weapon lock has to be able to close around the forearm, and I'd like to fit a light mount under the FSB where the current M4 side swivel mount is located.  Other suggestions that don't fall into the above categories are welcome.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Seems like I have seen a sling mount that clamps to the barrel under the FSB...I assume you are not worried about harmonics if you are willing to mount it to the FSB.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Seems like I have seen a sling mount that clamps to the barrel under the FSB...I assume you are not worried about harmonics if you are willing to mount it to the FSB.

Yes, that is what came on the carbine (LE 6920).  I'm considering taking this sling mount off, and attaching a sling directly to the FSB.  I'm not worried about harmonics (close quarters use mainly), just the possibility of tweaking the FSB out of position over time with lots of sling use.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Most people swear and sweat for hours while trying to get a FSB off.  I seriously doubt that a sling would wear on the FSB.  If a sling affects your accuracy, it probably has to do with tension on the bbl.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top