Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 9:14:59 AM EDT
Has anyone used these and how do yo like them?  Also, are they juse as wide as standard M4 handguards.
Thanks.
c
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
forget about the samcos get the surefire M73's imo the best forend system for the money. there are a lot of better rail/forends on the market if you want to spend the money.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Are those the plastic ones in the Delta catalog?  Replace orig hand guards?  JUNK!  Had a set and sold them off within 3 days.  They were loose and would wobble back and forth with vert grip installed...the gap on the corners would open up and the grip felt like it was going to pull off.  Not even a cheap alternative to be considered in my book.

Save your money for quality parts(LaRue, Daniel Defense, ARMS, Knights, even SureFire units etc....), or keep orig hand guards.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I hear people bad mouth the m44 handguards all the time, but I want to go on record as saying I have been perfectly happy with my m33 handgurds.

I have a light and foregrip mounted, both of which are SOLID.  I don't throw my rifle around for fun, and don't intend to start, so I've never done a drop test, but through more than a year of normal, non-military use it has performed just fine.

Some of us don't have the money for metal lhandguards, especially when its 200 for a Surefire or 300 for a Knights RAS or arms sir.  Troy and YHM are also both expensive.  The new 2 piece YHM looks like something I might consider later, but it's still above 100.

I paid 50 bucks on ebay for my m33 handguards, and don't regret it a bit.

edited before the spelling nazis got here
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
People have to remember that any handgaurd that merely replaces the stock handguards without locking in will get loose eventually as the Delta assembly gets loose with extended use.  Range and Safe queens, obciously, won't experience this problem soon, if at all.  For hard use, you will want something more secure.  For range use, the Saamco and the YHMs are fine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I installed a First Samco, and it's just way to bulky.  Also, it was a terrible fit for my Bushmaster A2.  There is a noticable gap between the halves, and when I grip it a certain way I can hear the heat sheild crinkle.  I'm getting a Surefire M73.  Hope this helps
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top