Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2004 7:42:15 AM EDT
I apologize in advance for beating a dead horse, but I need some help in choosing a sling.

I was thinking of going with a Troy single point for my M4gery.  Can anyone tell me how they like theirs?  Any recommandations on a better sling?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#1]
check this out -  Sling Options
I got the MOUT Single point and would recommend it to anyone.

Note the sling is one thing, but also consider what if any additional options you may need to use it. such as an attachment point, etc. (GG&G, Daniel Defense both make them)

I would also give 2 thumbs up to Operation Parts as a source
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
On single point slings the option on right hand or left hand refers to what?  I'm assuming it's holding the rifle, do you want the sling to connect on the left side or right side?  The mount seems to be slightly different for an adjustable stock over the A2 so I'm trying to get all the parts sorted out in my mind before ordering.

My rifle is a stock DPMS Panther A2 20" HBAR
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I currently run two CQB Solutions/Spectre Gear HST single point slings.  I am going to try out the new Blue Force Gear sling though when it comes out in a few weeks.  This new sling allows you to configure it numerous different ways.  I have no experience with the Troy sling but it looks nice.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, left or right refers to which side of the rifle the sling attaches to.  RH shooters attach on the left side of the rifle, LH on the right.   A2 stocks take a different plate than collapsable stocks.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top