Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2004 8:51:15 AM EDT
Does anyone have a source for a rotating sling swivel post, threaded 10-32, that could be used on the mid mounting point on this stock. YHM makes one for their free float tube, but is a non standard thread.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#1]
ACE sells one. I have one, but I haven't used it yet. I would prefer a better way to attach a sling to the side of the stock. Check it out at www.aceltdusa.com/accessories.htm. They sell direct.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that help. From the picture on the ACE website, it doesn't appear that it rotates though. The allen head mounting screw seems like it would bear against the post body and would lock it down when tightened unless there is some bearing arrangement that isn't visible. Plus it looks like you are stuck using the supplied wire GI type swivel loop, as opposed to a quick release "Uncle Mike's" type which requires a different mounting post.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Ace came out with one not too long ago, don't know if it is in their catalog but it is on their website. Standard Milspec swivel and rotates. Works great on the mid-mount position.
www.aceltdusa.com/images04/accessories/SS-AR_exploded.jpg
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top