Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2004 5:52:36 PM EDT
Forgive me for my naivety, but I've got an RAS II on my AR15 that I'd like to attach  my newly purchased Harris Bi-Pod look alike from Wal-Mart to. In another thread in GD, Dog1 suggested one of the adapters on Brownells but wasn't sure if it would work. Is this the correct mount at the bottom of the page here at Brownells, part # 416-106-101?

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=6945&title=BIPODS

If not, can anybody suggest a decent cheap mount? It doesn't need to be quick detaching of course.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about that mount.  I use a YHM bipd mount purchased from JTAC Supply  for around the same price as that one from Brownells.  Here is a thread with pictures and someone that asked about the same question....
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=198846
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't know about that mount.  I use a YHM bipd mount purchased from JTAC Supply  for around the same price as that one from Brownells.  Here is a thread with pictures and someone that asked about the same question....
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=198846

I didn't see the mount on their site, but I shot them an e-mail. Thanks for the lead!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Allen,

From the looks of the mount(atleast the one I saw on the link)   no  that one is for a recessed rail you would find on the bottom of a riflestock  i.e.  Rem700 or McMillan stock

you'll need a mount that clamps on the rail.  The one I have is a Knights product, so probably doesn't fit your "cheap" requirement.

good luck

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't know about that mount.  I use a YHM bipd mount purchased from JTAC Supply

How did I know that I would find you in here?  Can you get me a job with LaRue?  I almost fell out of my chair when I read that post.   Seriously, my two mounts and four armadillos just won't get me by forever...

Those are nice pics of your rifle from the other thread, I think I'm gonna pick up that bipod adapter.  Not sure that I'll get it from JTAC Supply, but it does look like it will fit my application perfectly!

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahh c'mon dude you know I get commision on all the stuff I sell.....  Seriously though I don't work there.  I can't help it he has everything I want and need.  By the way if you didn't know that upper in the pic is a JTAC upper.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the YHM mount too and really like it.  It isn't quick detach, but then I don't need it to be.  Very good value  Very sturdy.  I got mine straight from YHM, but you might also check with BrightFlashlights in the industry forum too in addition to JTac.  I have had great service from both vendors.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#7]
try part # 573-000-023 or 246-000-018

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top