Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2004 2:48:03 PM EDT
www.grippod.com Cool spring loaded bipod comes out of the bottom vertical grip[:)
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]

I can just imagine airsoft snipers wetting their pants all over the world...

ETA: Since it's spring loaded, does that make this restricted in California?  Full-auto bipod?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
grippod.com/

The G.P.S. is Currently in worldwide use with select Special Forces units.

I'll have to check tactical forums to see what they think
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:57:28 AM EDT
[#4]
From their website...

It mounts directly to Weaver/Stanag rail systems, and additional mounting options will be available soon.

Excuse me, which NATO Standard Agreement (STANAG) covers any rail system?

I would also be curious to find out which "select Special Forces units" are currently using these things worldwide.  This is like Vulcan Armament (Hesse) putting on their website the following: "For over a decade, the legendary gunmakers at Vulcan Armament have been producing exotic machineguns for our nations hero's!"

-Randy aka "that guy throwing the BS flag"
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#5]
damn, that'll look awesome with my beanstock
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:46:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know who makes that cool flip-up BUIS?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Several are being tested and used by the  Navy according to Joe Gaddini.
Ed
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Devgru and others are using this grip. Joe Gaddini has no reason to blow smoke up my ass. He has a REAL not fairy tail relationalship with these guys and other special operation forces.  
Ed
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Well also the fact that they are being "tested" does not mean that they are worth a damn, just means they are being put through the motions.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Looks like a GG&G...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like a GG&G...

Yep. Multiple-aperture model.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#12]
ColtCommando,
Do you have any relationship with these people? Have you seen it? Used it? At least give a range report. If you are helping these guys pimp it out to ARFCOM, you need to give us a lot more details. And what the hell is it supposed to cost?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like a GG&G...

Yep. Multiple-aperture model.....

Oops - I was joking.  Looks like it's stuck at about 80% up position and I wouldn't think GG&G would do that.  Don't know myself - ARMS 40 on mine.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't understand the hostility?? I simply posted what I came across after viewing it from SWR's web sight. I have NO ties to SWR outside of buying some of his suppressors. I can't give a range report as I don't own it. I don't make my living pimping stuff to ARFCOM or anyone else. I gave you all the details I have as to the link to the web sight, a pic of the thing, and  by answering the question (quote from double_r76 "I would also be curious to find out which "select Special Forces units" are currently using these things worldwide" )Joe Gaddini told  me without asking that "Devgru was using this grip and liked it a lot" I didnt ask him how much it costs as he told me it was not available yet. I have tried to answer all your questions about me. I will refer you AGAIN to the websight for questions regarding their product.
Ed Check these vertical grips out. No I don't work for them either.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not being hostile towards anyone, but you must at least cast some doubt when a manufacturer claims things like "mounts directly to Weaver/Stanag rail systems."  There is no such thing as a Weaver rail system.  "Weaver" is a commercial non-spec optics rail that was eventually adapted to the current Picatinny Arsenal spec rail that is common in the US military today.  NATO does not have a STANAG to cover any type of rail system.  Heck, the STANAG that covers optics mounting no longer exists, although ARMS still makes mounts that meet the old standard, but even it had nothing to do with rail systems.  If the site said that it mounted to Picatinny spec rail systems then it would sound more credible and actually refer to something that exists.

Although I didn't do anything "high speed" while in the army, there is no way I would mount that thing to my rifle.  Maybe I would consider it if there was some type of safety or lock-out to prevent accidental activation, but the web-site mentions neither.  Also, I've got a GG&G MAD BUIS, but the one in that picture does look kinda limp.

Take my comments for what they are worth, but I don't think I'm too crazy on this one.
-Randy
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#17]
CC,
Sorry if you were offended. But, you have been around here long enough to know that many times a rep from some company will come on to this site pushing the next piece of tactical special forces kit. The web site has next to nothing on the specs of this thing, or who is really using or testing it. You obviously know who made it, even if you don't have a relationship other than as a customer. I just wanted to know if you A: worked with them, and B: have seen one with your own eyes. Now I know. Thanks for the info.
FWIW, this thing could be the next great thing, but untill it is proven, allow us our skeptisism
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I've always been interested in having a bipod and VFG on my rifle, but dislike the rail space they take up. For whatever it's worth, this looks like the best implementation of the concept I've seen yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:44:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm not 100% sold on it either. But I do like the concept. I'm not an operator so despite of it works for the spec ops community or not I may want one.
Ed
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Wow.

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#21]
That thing is to long, I like my VGs shorter.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Gentlemen,

I was at DEVGRU and can confirm that the above grip is in use with several snipers there. They like 'em.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like a kickstand on that weapon !
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

GG&G makes em'
gggac.com

MADD sight.   They are nice!

There are knock offs out there, but GG&G is the one to get!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#25]
sorry, typo.  Its

www.gggaz.com/
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,

I was at DEVGRU and can confirm that the above grip is in use with several snipers there. They like 'em.

Can't imagine for the life of me why any professional sniper would EVER want some hybrid grip/bipod.

I'm not a sniper by any means, but if my job description was "One shot, one kill", I'd have little use for a forward grip at all, and my weapon wouldn't be well suited for a forward grips intended purpose in the first place. If I HAD to have one, for whatever reason, it would be kept out of the way, in my pack, or on my belt, in the highly unlikely event I'd actually need one, or find myself with a weapon that would justify one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#27]
M4,

I'll pass your information along.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
M4,

I'll pass your information along.

No need, each to their own. Just seems like a stupid idea to me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#29]
M4..

Cos it IS a stupid idea
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#30]
In 6 months, this will be the shiznit to have.

I'm kind of suprised no one has made an FAL style bipod for the AR-15 series. I'd actually consider that. Expecially if it was in a free floated system.
-Steve
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top