Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 8:15:26 PM EDT
HAS ANY GOT A VLTOR STOCK.  IF SO HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?  I HAVE A DISSIPATOR AND I'M THINKING I WOULD LIKE ONE.  DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO GO WITH.  I MAY STAY WITH THE RIFLE LENGTH, BUT IF I DID THAT THEN THE ONLY BENEFITS OF SWITCHING ARE WEIGHT, AND A SIDE SLING MOUNT (LOOKS BAD ASS).  I ALSO WANT TO GO WITH A "MOUT" SINGLE POINT SLING AS WELL.
CAN YOU GUYS GIVE ME YOUR INPUT, AND LET ME KNOW WHERE TO GET THE BEST DEALS PLEASE.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
.Vltors are an excellent product!  I love all of mine.   You won't be dissapointed.

Rifle length or not?  up to your personal preference and end use

Single point sling set ups are all the rage for good reason.  Giles Wilderness

Best deals?  I'm sure some dealers on the board will let ya know.  

good luck

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my VLTOR Clubfoot.  You can't go wrong with any of them though.  I use a CQB Solutions HST (now Spector Gear) single point sling on mine.  All the dealers on this board sell them for pretty much the same price.  I buy all my stuff from JTAC Supply who is a board member so you can check that link or go to the industry section.  He had just about every VLTOR the other day when I got mine so he should have what you want.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OUTSTANDING GEAR

WORD
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
WHAT IS THE WEB ADDRESS FOR GILES WILDERNESS?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Daniel Boone needs to visit this thread
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

www.spectergear.com
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

www.thewilderness.com/
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The Wilderness Sling Page
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
What???...... I thought I had all the same stuff Monty did.  Crap now I gotta get a wildeness sling too.....  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an Vltor on my AR and two more ready to go for after 9/13. Great stock! Ditto on the wilderness single point. The 1 1/4" material is a little more comfortable than 1" and pretty tuff too. Good luck
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I've decided to go with  a Vltor stock, just made arrangements with  thetacticalsolution.com ,Michael is a nice guy to do business with.
www.thetacticalsolution.com/beta/docs/ar15_m16_accessories.htm
Here a picture, that I'd  borrowed off the net.

What stock are you going with after Sept 13th?

I  will do a review on the vltor stock once it get here.

TG
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Doesnt fit me. I will get the magpul.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey all!

Package from Bravo Company arrived today, as expected, bearing my VLTOR stock kit. Opened it up and test-fit it to my 9mm AR lower that's being registered as an SBR
The assembly pictured has no barrel and is incapable of firing, so it's not a "semi-automatic assault weapon" as defined; no need to call the Fun Police on me.  

Now all I need is for the AWB to die its rightful death (so a collapsing stock will be legal on the completed gun), and the BATFE to ***approve my f*cking Form 1***   (pending + 4.5 months now)  

Some quick notes on the VLTOR, for those who have expressed interest:

1) Bravo Company's "buy a VLTOR stock kit and get a free H-buffer" promo translates to "get an H-buffer plus the standard buffer that comes in the kit", which was pretty cool. Now I have an extra carbine buffer laying around; guess I'll have to build a gun to house it.  

2) The mil-spec VLTOR tube has 5 positions, where the commercial RRA/Bushmaster tube has 6.  Fully extended, the VLTOR stock appears to be about 1/2" shorter than the RRA.

3) The VLTOR stock fits snugly on the tube, but is not entirely rattle-free. It is better than the RRA in this regard - which is saying something, since the RRA is already better than the older CAR-type stocks.

4) I'm in the minority, but I prefer the shorter accessory tubes.  There is no noticeable difference in cheek weld between the short and long tubes (assuming you mount the short tubes all the way forward), and the short tubes allow a tighter, more secure attachment of my CQB sling webbing (the web loop attaches around the stock in the conventional manner, rather than having to go all the way around the accessory tubes).

5) Speaking of cheek weld - the VLTOR does offer more comfort in this area, compared the standard M4 stock. It's not any different on the top, but the flared accessory tube provides support to the lower part of the cheek & jaw. It's nice, but it's not the vast improvement some claim, at least as far as this face can tell.

6) VLTOR has redesigned the accessory tube caps to make them much easier to remove. The older caps that came with the short tubes I bought were a b*tch to get out, so I put them in the back of the tubes where they're not going to be used. You'd still be hard-pressed to remove the caps (and not lose them) under stress, so don't keep anything of "need it right now" importance in the storage tubes.

So there you have it. The VLTOR stock is an improvement over the "ribbed" M4 pattern, but is an evolutionary step rather than a quantum leap.  It definitely scores Cool Guy Points and has some nice features, but how much storage space does one need on a rifle (I already have cavities in my pistol grip and VFG for batteries and parts), and is it worth the extra $$ ? That's something each potential buyer will have to decide for himself.  

Am I keeping mine?  Like, duh!  Am I going to buy another one?  I'll need to get some actual live fire with it before I make that decision.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I THOUGHT THAT THE VLTOR HAD TO USE A COLT BUFFER TUBE, OR THE VLTOR TUBE.  I'VE FOUND THAT THIS MEANS AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE THAT ONE WILL COST ME JUST UNDER $200.00.  THAT'S ALOT OF MONEY TO ME.  I'M JUST A BIT TIGHT WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY.  I WANT ONE!  THIS I KNOW!  AFFORDABILITY?  THAT IS THE BIG QUESTION.  BRAVO COMPANY?  I'LL CK THEM OUT KNOW!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I have the Carbine stock.  Ilove it.  I like the cheek weld better and the battery storage is a good feature.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top