Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 10:32:41 AM EDT
I got a GG&G receiver sling mount for my AR with a shorty A2 stock (Rock River Entry Tact stock)
It came with the mount, a screw and a ring. What is the ring for? I installed the mount and used the GG&G screw to replace the top buttstock screw, but couldn't figure out where the ring goes. Also, after installing the sling mount, the rifle will not let me lock the bolt back with the catch so I removed the sling mount now the catch holds fine. Any advice appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I received an answer. Since mine is a stubby stock the bolt wasn't traveling far enough back to engage the catch. The screw is too long and needs to be cut down when using a stubby stock. The ring is a spacer that long stocks need to use.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top