Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2004 9:03:36 AM EDT
I just installed both and the FG is a bit loose with side to side & frt to bk play. The twin latches do not fully engage the rail notches (sits about halfway) Any one else with the same problem?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Same problem on my KAC MRE.  I slipped two small wire ties under it to act as a shim - so far, so good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
My TD Vert Grip is damn tight on the TD Sir rail I have.  It took a little effort to get it on the first time.  And the tabs didn't go all the way up on one of the levers.  As I sit here now its that way, but shows no signs of moving.  I've shot it this way and haven't had any problems.  I think its just the extremely close tolerances.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#4]
My TG vertical grip is noticeably loose on one KAC RAS, but tight on the other.  Go figure.  It isn't going anywhere, but I don't like the slop.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an early production SureFire M73, and my TD vert is rock solid!..
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I wrote  to both TD & SF and I have decided to live my M73 b/c even if I send it in, there's no gaurantee that the replacement M73 is any better than the one I have. I filed off abit of the "flash" on two of the ladders and put a strip of blk electrical tape on one side of the TD inner rail and it tightened it up abit.

I will buy a Larue for the next build
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#8]
pittwm

LaRue is a great choice!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I have three M73's and have used two different TD grips on them and they are solid. They are more comfortable for my hand than the KAC grips I used to have too. Works for me.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top