Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2004 9:50:27 AM EDT
I want a forward vertical grip...but IM not going to be getting a railed forend any time soon.....I found this in the Delta Force catalog. (bathroom reading material)...It mounts to the stock handguard...

Aluminum Vertical Foregrip
from Young Manufacturing
Item # D715
$59.95 On Sale!

Machined from 6061 T-6 Aluminum and hard anodized for corrosion resistance. Gives your AR-15 a sturdy forward grip that improves handling, retention, and recoil control during rapid fire. It easily attaches to standard handguards (full size & shorty) with a supplied mounting plate. A threaded rod thru the center of the grip makes for rapid attachment or removal from the mounting block. Installs without fitting and is an instant upgrade!

I'm not an "operator"so I dont need a railed forend for all the toys..just want a simple verticle grip...thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#2]
hmm...with the mounting plate inside...I'd think you would have to hit it REALLY hard to damage the handguard...

But thats why Im asking for opinions...
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I also question the wistom of an aluminum handguard that has metal parts extending inside the forearm.  'Holy Hot Grip Batman!'
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I once tried a piece of picatinny rail that bolted to the bottom handguard and attached a KAC vertical grip.  Nice and light, but too wobbly for me.  Some people claim it's great, but I am not one of them.

The cheapest vertical foregrip is the mag well .
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with the "probably sucks" vote. Save up for a rail system.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I agree with the "probably sucks" vote. Save up for a rail system.

Some damn good deals can be found on the Surefire system these days...

WORD

For the money they are really good.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#9]
If you shoot any out doors in the summer under the hot sun.............the metal grip, if left for a while, will be too hot to touch.  

Bad idea on material, poor price and not so good mounting platform.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#10]
.....Not to mention the heat may or will transfer over to the aluminum grip
under sustained fire, making it uncomfortable to hold in hot weather,
as well as cold as a polar bear's toe-nails in winter.
Delta Force's Prices tend to be, well "Ubsurd" considering the many
other well reputable dealers on this site.

You can get a Knight's Armament Grip for that price, Hell you can get
a Tango Down Battle grip for that price. www.adcofirearms.com
is a good start.

I did the Vert grip, sinle bolt-on rail thing for a sec-it won't necessarily break on you(handguard, single rail, or grip)
but you will get significant wobble from side to side. Didn't bother me 'till
I swapped a KAC RAS on my my main Carbine, that the combination M4 handguard,
AAC single rail, and vert grip on another M4, started to feel all mushy
like a old leather couch creaking left and right. Swapped that sucker out with another
RAS and never looked back.

Having said that, If the vert grip is a necessity, get one of the top notch above mentioned grips,
from one of the ARF COM dealers that won't charge you 2 kidneys and a galbladder for
and grab a cheap single bolt on rail and you'll be O.K.........for a while
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I am diversing from the original topic, but it is a vertical grip topic, so I will proceed. I have heard of a fore-grip that has an extension on it, so you can use it as a monopod? Is that the word that I am looking for? Anyway, it extends down and you can use it for support. Anyone know who makes this, if it even exist, and where one can be found?

"Strange how the warrior who has seen death and miracles either remains in the military or else joins a monastery for the sake of discipline. Meanwhile those safe at home, who know nothing, talkof the bad, the wrong, the sinful. How wonderful that the history of the warrior does not allow the contemplation of good and evil but only of duty, honor, and loyalty."

UNKNOWN
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am diversing from the original topic, but it is a vertical grip topic, so I will proceed. I have heard of a fore-grip that has an extension on it, so you can use it as a monopod? Is that the word that I am looking for? Anyway, it extends down and you can use it for support. Anyone know who makes this, if it even exist, and where one can be found?

Olympic sells one.  I know there is at least one other company that makes one as well, but I can't remember the name.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:13:47 AM EDT
[#13]
all forward grips are homo as hell....

Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Falcon makes a grip similar to the Young version except it is plastic and overmolded with rubber.  It's cheaper and probably a better choice if that is the route you want to go.  Falcon is OEm for a lot of stuff that Cavarms, Magpul, and YHM sell as well as many other companies.

It is probably better, as stated above, to save up for a rail system.  The Surefire M73 can be had for less than $180 and the YHM drop in replacement rail system can be had for less than $120.  Both are good deals for the money and would be stronger and more stable than adding a foregrip to plastic handgaurds.  

Years ago, the Falcon grip was my first vertical grip.  I bought it to see if i liked using them enugh to warant buying a full rail system.  Long story short, three months later I bought my first RAS and haven't been without a vertical foregrip since.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 5:07:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
all forward grips are homo as hell....

aig.cs.man.ac.uk/people/srp/albums/sanfrancisco/rainbow_flag.jpg

CavVet,

You're not coming in clearly enough, what exactly are you trying to tell us?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, for the info., not so sure that I like the looks of that. Might have to try it I guess and reserve my judgement. The one that was described to me was more like a single leg that extended out from the grip.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#17]
What about the First Samco M33 and M44 handguard sets, are they any good? Cause I am too looking for a rail system to attach a vertical grip. At first, I thought about adding a UFIR+Grip system but saw the M33-44 in the bushmaster website and made me think about getting one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#18]
First of all i have had my vertical grip on my carbine for a long time at least a year and it has been used ALLOT and i have never had a problem with cracking a handguard,  and if you are concerned about a metal grip getting hot a really cheap and easy way to fix it is to wrap the grip in parachute cord.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#19]
CavVet, if you make fun of my rifle next time you come to a shoot, I'm gonna piss on your Jeep
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top