Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 6:23:52 PM EDT
I currently use the rubber coated Ergo Grip on my AR after finding the plastic model too slick for my tastes.  If it turns out that I keep the Armalite I have on the EE, I will want a new grip for it as well.  The Ergo Grip will do fine, but I would prefer the grip match color of the other furniture (yes, I know it's silly) IF at all possible without affecting performance.  I won't sacrifice quality for decor, but if I can have both, why not?  Ergo Grip comes in green, but not rubber coated.

Also, I'm left handed, and I can't tell if it's right handed only, or ambidextrous.

What about it?  Anybody use one and love it?  Hate it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the Houge ruberized grip.  It may not be your color but it is the most comfortable grip I have found.  I am a lefty as well so making sure a grip "fits" well is an issue.  I have the Houge grip on all of my AR-15's with the exception of my service rifle.  Try one you should like it!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Mac,

Thanks for the input...  

I actually had the Hogue before I got the Ergo Grip.  I really liked the feel of the Hogue, the finger grooves and the palm swells, but it was still too close to the trigger like the standard grip.  I wanted a grip that was more like a pistol's grip, and the Ergo is a little closer to that.  But I cannot say that I like the Ergo grip significantly more, maybe just slightly more, as the Hogue is a great grip too.

Just a side note... Hogue now makes their grip in green too.  [img]http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/grips.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The G27 is a great feeling grip. I have both the Ergo and the G27. One of the reasons that allot of people like the Ergo is that it is small and when you try all of the grips the smaller ones seem to feel better. They did for me anyways and my hands are fairly big. I did like the G27 better then the Ergo though and it will put your finger in a little better firing positiion. The only one that will really put your finger in a good firing position is the SPR grip. The SPR is very big in the palm and it also has a large thumb shelf. If you have a big hand this one will be comfortable too.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top