Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 5:43:26 PM EDT
Recent findings from Luke's Armament shop :-)

GGG Single Point sling plate does not fit very well on a Voltor stock tube. Either the Index slot on the Voltor is not deep enough or the index pin on the plate is too high.  

GGG Single Point Sling plate and a PRI Gasbuster Charging handle do not work together.  Bottom of the Charging handle catches on the top of the sling plate.  

Badger Tac Latch catches on everything, and if using a Single point sling can cause you to almost break your nose.  IE the Latch caught on the single point, and did not lock forward.  Almost put a round downrange and the ensuing Newtons Law in action would have made an unwanted body mod to my already heavily modified nariz.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#1]
My GGG Single Point Sling Plate mated up pretty well to my Vltor buffer tube. No problems yet, but I haven't decided which tac latch to go with yet. [:)]

[img]http://web.utk.edu/~utpolice/Graphics/vltorsling.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the Gas Buster will not clear the GG&G plate.  I picked up a GRSC plate and a CQB MOUT sling to try.   I bet I will find the loop on the plate cuts into my thumb when I go for the safety...

No problem here w/ the Vltor tube and GG&G plate either.

The PRI Military latch works well with a stock CH and the single point - large enough for easy access, but not so large it hangs up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The GRSC sling plate will work fine with the tac-latch. Don't know about Vltor tubes though. Now the GRSC sling plate is a simple hole so you may need to get som HK clips to make your sling work with it but the quck detach nature of the HK clips will be very quick and easy to get in and out of your sling/rifle.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Try the Knight's Mfg. or Dieter single point sling attachemnt for use with the PRI Gas Buster. Nothing high enough to get in  the way and it's ambi and quick detach to boot.

See here: [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=148479&w=searchPop[/url]

Wanna sell me your Gas Busters?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The GRSC sling loop works perfectly with the VLTOR stock tube and the PRI Gas Buster. That's the combo I'm using on 2 of my carbines and it's been great.
View Quote

An excellent choice also!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Recent findings from Luke's Armament shop :-)

Badger Tac Latch catches on everything, and if using a Single point sling can cause you to almost break your nose.  IE the Latch caught on the single point, and did not lock forward.  Almost put a round downrange and the ensuing Newtons Law in action would have made an unwanted body mod to my already heavily modified nariz.

View Quote

I must have missed something in your post.  How did the Tac Latch make you almost put a round downrange??

I am not trying to be a smartass here.  Seriously, I think I must have missed something...
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top