Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2003 2:44:58 PM EDT
I'm having trouble understanding how this is really a two gun case, if they are both scoped ARs. There are three thick pieces of foam. Egg carton piece for the lid, one in the middle that you cut out for the rifle(s), and one on the bottom for bottom protection. The two thin half-inch pieces aren't going to provide any real protection for scope knobs or other protuberences, so to me, they're worthless.

It looks like it might barely handle two scoped deer rifles, so is that how they consider it a two gun case?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Will two scoped ARs fit if they are broken down?  I would think that two scoped bolt-actions could fit easily due to the lack of pistol grips, extended magazines, and carry handles.

Isn't it just the industry standard size for a "Double Rifle Case"?  I like my Starlights (Tactical and Double Rifle), but never intended to use the larger for two rifles.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it's still kinda snug for two bolt-actions. I just had it in my head that 2 ARs would fit when I bought it, with everybody from here being so interested in it.

When I got it home, I thought one AR might fit in the middle layer, and one in the lower layer. The way they had those two thin layers of foam packed in the case, it looked like they were supposed to provide protection between the top and bottom gun, and from the bottom of the case. I just didn't think that half-inch foam would protect anything that was poking out.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Two AR's might fit if they were both 16's with no accessories [;)].

I think one scoped AR and accessories is all that will reasonably fit.  Two bolt actionswould be  no problem as they are slim enough to not bang into each other if you stagger them on the 2 layers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, looks like I got me one helluva heavy duty one-gun case. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
MFer
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#5]
If you pull out the foam in the bottom of your case you will notice that there are several layers. For rifles that are too large to fit together on the same level you are instructed to put one of them a layer deeper in the foam.

EDIT: I can fit a 20" AR and a 16" M-4 with no problems on the first layer.

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/Starlight_Main1.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]
CJan_NH,  Your setup looks great. My Varminter AR15 and my soon to arrive SEBR AR10 both have bigass scopes, so I'm pretty sure they won't fit on the same layer.

I tried to describe the issue with the multiple layers of foam in my first post. I don't think the thin layers provide any protection between guns in different layers, or between the bottom gun and the bottom of the case.

Where are you finding instructions that describe putting them in different layers?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw it on the instruction sheet that came with the case [:)]

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/Starlight.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, when my other AR shows up, I'll see if I can orient them so sensitive things poking out on one gun don't poke into parts of the other gun (through the thin foam). Things like scope knobs, charging handle latches and such.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top