Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2003 6:51:03 PM EDT
I have the all weather now.  Sam's has the Starlight.

Is the price difference worth it??
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes Like comparing a a mason jar to a thermos both will do the job but..
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
thatmguy:

Whether or not the Starlight is worth the price difference probably depends on how you plan to use the case. If you plan on shipping a rifle in a case (airlines, for example) or if you use your equipment hard in general, the Starlight will hold up much better and protect your investment much better than anything else I have found. If you just want a case to keep the rifle dust and scratch-free while going to the range, it probably isn't worth the extra cash.

BTW, I own three of the Starlights, and think they are great. The only problem is that they are bulky to put in a vehicle....

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive got close to 40,000 miles logged with my carbine in a starlight case, and have never ran into any problems. The case has taken a crap load of abuse from me I can only imagine wait the luggage apes have done to it.

So I'd say if your planning to travel get a starlight. Mine sure has been bomb proof. The carring handles ar hand too.

ClintH
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top