Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/12/2003 2:11:37 PM EDT
What hearing protection would you guys recommend? Do they make ones that only filter out loud "kabooms" but not voices?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Electronic muffs are great! They filter out gunfire, but amplify standard sounds. I have the Radians. Steve has the Peltors. The Peltor offers a little better NR and sound quality.

Be well!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Dubb. Can you post a link to where I can get some of the Peltors?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as Peltor's are concerned, I have two models of their electronic protection. I have the Tactical 6S and the Comtac. The 6s is great for range work and so forth. The Comtac is better suited to more aggressive oriented activiites OR those who want the ability to tie in radio communication with their hearing protection. I have also owned a set of the Pro-Ears and feel (IMHO) that the Peltor stuff is better.

Bottom line:

If you want a great set of electronic muffs for the range/competition use, get the Tactical 6s or the larger Tactical 7 Pro model;

If you want "can't bust 'em" toughness for high-speed training (a pistol/carbine course, for example) or for commo compatibility, get the Peltor Comtac.

Do a Google Search on these two models for further info and pricing.....
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As far as Peltor's are concerned, I have two models of their electronic protection. I have the Tactical 6S and the Comtac. The 6s is great for range work and so forth. The Comtac is better suited to more aggressive oriented activiites OR those who want the ability to tie in radio communication with their hearing protection. I have also owned a set of the Pro-Ears and feel (IMHO) that the Peltor stuff is better.

Bottom line:

If you want a great set of electronic muffs for the range/competition use, get the Tactical 6s or the larger Tactical 7 Pro model;

If you want "can't bust 'em" toughness for high-speed training (a pistol/carbine course, for example) or for commo compatibility, get the Peltor Comtac.

Do a Google Search on these two models for further info and pricing.....
View Quote

I was told that the range of hearing amplification for the Tactical 7 is 100 yards, what about the range of the tactical 6s (which I almost bought today)?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:49:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out the Walker's Game Ear Power Muffs.  They offer higher db protection than the Peltors and the amplification is awesome.  When I have them on I feel like I can hear things a mile away.  I shoot a 14.5" Bushy with a  mini-y on it, so you know the thing is loud.  These get the job done for me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a pair of the the Peltor Tactical 6-S also and really like them. They amplify voices and cut out the sounds of gun shots really well.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top