Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2003 6:05:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
[url=http://sageinternationalltd.com/si/wepacc/wepacc.html]Sage International[/url]
[url=http://www.danieldefense.com/]Daniel Defence[/url]
[url=http://www.knightarmco.com/knightshome.htm]Knight's Armament[/url]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
ZM Weapons makes one.

I myself have the Knight's--good piece.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:57:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had Daniels Defense single point loops on my AR's for awhile now. They work well. The edges are all beveled and they sit a little lower than some of the other offerings making it a bit easier to rack the charging handle. Utilizing a Badger Ordnance extended charging handle (I'm sure someone will correct me if I have called this part by the wrong name)makes racking the charging handle even easier and you are far less likely to hit the single point mount. Sitting a little lower does make manipulating the thumb safety a little tougher but I've never had a problem.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:03:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Ditto on the Daniel Defense mount.  I use a Wilderness Single Point Sling that I ordered with the GG&G end plate.  Just looking at it gave me images of scraped fingers.  I ordered and installed the Daniel Defense and it works great.  I've done two carbine classes with the setup and it works great.  IIRC, the folks that are using the GG&G mount are using some type of extention on their charging handle so the "scraping" concern is moot.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#5]
These guys make the DPMS and some of the others as well:

[url]http://www.grsc.com/cqb.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Had my GRSC plate and single point sling for over a year and love them both. I got the sling with the brass spring clip. I want to get the HK style one for my next AR.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:44:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#8]
The CQD looks like a 2point CQD Dieter sling I bought from Blackhawk Industries and ended up cutting it down to a one point sling utilizing the elastic ends and then scrapping it all together I was disappointed with my Dieter sling it adverts as an inch and half wide sling it was barely an inch and a quarter ! Maybe if I had that end plate - sweet piece it would have kept me interested in the Dieter the clips were inferior lobster style clips apparently painted because it quickly began to chip away and reveal a cheap brass colored finish underneath and the thing that irritated me the most was that it was made in Viet Nam !!    
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Do any of these work better with a PRI Gas Buster? I noticed the DD is said to allow more hand/charging handle clearance but is it enough for the GB to work well or is it kind of tight?

I've got a Dissy w/Sully stock & a CQB SOP. I'm looking for something a little more high speed than the std. rear mount.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Since I will not be using the front mount should I just remove it or secure it with something? I have never used a single point sling before. what are the main advantages besides speed? Thanks for input.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Since I will not be using the front mount should I just remove it or secure it with something? I have never used a single point sling before. what are the main advantages besides speed? Thanks for input.
View Quote

You can remove the front swivel as it just clatters annoyingly if you don't.  Takes about two seconds with a punch or nail.

The primary advantage of the single point is the ability to transition from one shoulder to the other, as well as keeping the sling from getting fouled up in your bolt release or other rail mounted accessories.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top