Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2003 2:10:26 PM EDT
Which is the best rear sling adaptor?  Like the B.M.A.S.Tactical Sling Adapter or are there others that are better?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me be a bit more specific.  I was in a hurry earlier.  

What im thinking for a rig is this.  A rear sling adaptor, like mentioned above, that mounts just rear of the lower receiver and on the front of the buffer tube of a collapsable stock ( [blue][url=www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/1005-914-2942-t.asp]example[/url][/blue]), accompanied by something like a front sling-thing with a CBQ SOP sling.

Its kind of the sort of set up I had on my MP-5.  I love the feel and handling of the set up that I want to try to match it to my M-4.  Is this even possible or should I just attach it to the end of the buttstock like all the pictures and examples I've seen.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I use this one;
[img]cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/product_images/701/ARR-301.jpg[/img]

from [url=www.grsc.com]G.R.S.C.[/url]
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a SOP sling (excellent sling).  If you want to use the CQB solutions SOP sling and attatch it between the buffer tube and the receiver, I would recommend using the receiver end plate from GG&G.  Check out this address for a picture:  [url]http://www.gggaz.com/products/rnp_sa.php[/url]

I would use the end plate on the left.  I have tried this setup and it works good but when you transition to the rifle slung position, the rifle tilts to much rearward away from your back and is a bit awkward.  I prefer to use the GG&G rear sling adapter that attatches at the rear of the stock.  [url]http://www.gggaz.com/products/slingthings.php[/url]

This attachment point causes to rifle to stay closer to your back and out of the way when in the slung position.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top