Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2003 7:17:43 PM EDT
I am getting ready to build my first AR and I am deciding between the G27 grip and the Ergo Ambi or RH grip.  I held the USGI style grip and I like the feel of the G27 grip much better.  What do you guys see/run more of on your weapons?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget to consider the Hogue rubber grip or the Tango Down Battle Grip.

I find the Hogue most comfortable, but have the Ergo Grip on most of my ARs.

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have tried the G27, SPR and the Ergo. The G27 is the most comfortable but I think that it is because it is the smallest or thinner than the other two. The SPR fits very big in the palm and seem to be the only one of the three that puts your finger in a better firing position. The Ergo is in between. But for pure comfort the G27 feels by far the best to me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have G27's on all my AR's simply because they fit my hand perfectly.  The Ergo Grip is okay, but a little too thin for me.  The SPR is HUGE, and may work well on a target rifle, but not on a tactical setup - but YMMV.  

Don't worry about what everyone else has, buy what fits you best...
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Ergo is a VERY thin grip.  I sold it and replaced it with a G27 and am content but not happy.  If Tango Down would build a fat grip with a beavertail I would buy that.  I dont like the finger grooves that much on the G27 but it does fit my hand well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#5]
If Tango Down would build a fat grip with a beavertail I would buy that.
View Quote

Ditto!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I must have missed something, G27 grip? Where can i look this up and see if i want one? I had hogue and did not like it ,had ambi ergo and did not like it,but the lefty one of ergos i like it a lot but its tad thin for me as well. I like the thickness and palm swell feel of g3 type grips but not yet felt ergo's g3 grip yet. Spr is kinda big but i wished they made a lefty one for me.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I must have missed something, G27 grip? Where can i look this up and see if i want one? I had hogue and did not like it ,had ambi ergo and did not like it,but the lefty one of ergos i like it a lot but its tad thin for me as well. I like the thickness and palm swell feel of g3 type grips but not yet felt ergo's g3 grip yet. Spr is kinda big but i wished they made a lefty one for me.
View Quote

It's made by Fobus.Look on the E&E for vendors selling them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.cmmginc.com/cmmg_images/tbl_images/stocks_images/G27_Grip.jpg[/img]

$24.95 at www.CMMG.com
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Get the G27, you'll love it!

Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:27:04 AM EDT
[#10]
How about the Pachmyr grips fpr the AR.. I have one on mine and love it!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an ergo grip on mine right now and will be switching back to a regular USGI piece (or similar one like Hogue).  The ergo is ok, but I have to reposition my hand a little to operate the safety and I don't like losing my master shooting grip.

Everyone's built a little differently so try as many as you can before you decide.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#12]
does the G27 have a piece that extends over the gap of the trigger guard?  or which one was that?
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#13]
No it does not.  The gapper is the piec you need and the Tango Down and Duckbill grips have th built in piece for that.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:42:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Hi. I need a grip for my M16A2. I'm deploying to Iraq soon and i've never liked the standard lonestar grip. I have long, thin hands, I think the standard huge Xbox controller should be BIGGER. I am also a lefty but I don't want dedicated grips, I may need to shoot off hand too. I don't like finger groove grips unless I can try them out first. I'm leaning towards a 1911 grip block from Pearce Grip along with either some Hogue rubbers or regular wood side panels with the Pearce rubber underlays. Does anyone have experiance with this or alternate suggestions.

I would also like to know how good whatever grip you reccomend would translate to a M4 with vertical foregrip since that is what the Army is gradually migrating over to.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top