Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 2:35:06 PM EDT
Will the SOP sling work with the newer Surefire 500A weapon light with the nav lights?  Or do I have to use a single point?  

I was looking to get both, but I don't know if they work together.  

Thanks,
Weazer
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
When I put a SF 500A on my rifles, I had to change over to a single-point sling (the CQB Solutions HST with KAC quick detach swivel mount). The front mounting point for the slings all got in the way of either the main lamp module or the LED navigation lights. Since I'm lefthanded, the standard SF mounting, with the main lamp at 2 o'clock, put the sling where it would hang up on the main lamp. When I mounted the SF upside down, with the main lamp at 8 o'clock instead, the sling wanted to snag the LED module, which seems much less durable than the main lamp. So I went to the single-point.....

I won't say that there isn't another sling out there that will work with the 500A, but I haven't seen it yet...
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Check this out:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=149092&w=searchPop[/url]

The recommended option, other than the single point, is 550 cord on the front sight tower.  The CQB 1" webbing will do a great impression of 550 cord in this application [:)]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, now all I have to do is figure out what single point mount I want.

Weazer
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top