Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2003 10:42:08 AM EDT
is there any real diff between the eagle and blackhawk range bags?? looking to buy one, i noticed that eagle is a little cheaper. anyone have any opinions.
thanks
greg
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Not much difference in the quality of the bags IMO. I like both brands, own both brands and both brands have held up very well.
Eagle in made in stateside and BHI overseas....that is the big difference for some folks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
For something that is just a range bag, get whatever is the right size for what you're carrying that you can get at a good price.

Link Posted: 10/4/2003 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
i use the wrong terminolgy for what i am looking at, they are weapon cases, but not the disreet ones...
thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Again, if it's just something for hauling stuff to the range and back then I'd jsut get whatever is available that you can afford.  Most of my rifles ride to a nd from the case in some no-name cases I bought for cheap.

But I've also got an Eagle discreet case and it is built like a tank.  I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts longer than the rifle I carry in it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 5:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Eagle all the way!!!

Not Blackchicken.....

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Eagle is a much better product and uses better materials.

Blackhawk is made in Vietnam and they are using a cheap Asian knock off material to make their gear, it goes by the name Nyloc and a few other names.

Eagle is made of Codura 1000 and made here in the US.

I had some Blackhawk gear that was made here in the US and it's much better quality (material, stiching, craftsmanship) than the current production Blackhawk.

Spend the couple extra dollars and get the Eagle, you will thank me in the long run.

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep in mind that we are talking about a RANGE BAG [;)]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Keep in mind that we are talking about a RANGE BAG [;)]
View Quote

Well then,

If it's just a range bag, and according to gm2376, the Eagle is cheaper, what's your point??

I would think the Eagle would be just fine....

USMC03 is right.  BHI uses a lesser grade material and makes their goods in Vietnam!!!

Years ago, I had a few items from BHI, when it was still being made in the USA.  They weren't too bad.  My wife actually found a BHI vest in a box in the bottom of a spare closet this morning.  It was used twice, six years ago!!  Needless to say, it's up for sale.  After the last few years of BHI propoganda, I am saddened that I ever bought it.

POint is, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Spend your own money how you want to.  Just don't get torked off when people recommend Eagle over BHI.  

Now days??  No thank you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top