Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2003 4:22:13 AM EDT
From what I've read it looks like the CQB solutions sling with a quick disconnest is recommended. I really like the tactical (3 point) type. I've also had Eagle recommended. Who gets the nod???

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a CQB Solutions SOP Sling, as do several of my friends.  It's easy to use, extremely comfortable, and of the highest quality.  You simply can't go wrong with one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote here for the CQB Solutions sling.  I also got the GG&G Front Sling Thing for one of my rifles and love having the sling mounted there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I have CQB Solutions slings on three of my rifles and recommend them without reservation. The CST and Specops models are especially desireable as it's handy as all get out to be able to go to your weak side shoulder without a lot of gymnastics.

Suggestion: Buy the sling directly from CQB Solutions. In my experience, several of the dealers have no idea what they're doing.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't like the slings that use quick release clips.  The clips are the weak link in those systems so I would expect them to fail when you'd want it to the least.

Boonie Packer slings for me.
[URL] http://www.redi-mag.com/slings.php/ [/URL]
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a CQB SOP sling and Giles sling from The Wilderness.  Both are fantastic and IMHO the best on the market.  The webbing that the Giles sling is made of could probably hold elephant!  That being said, I find the CQB SOP sling to be more comfortable and easier to get in and out of.  So I give you the standard ARFCOM answer, get em both!
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Suggestion: Buy the sling directly from CQB Solutions. In my experience, several of the dealers have no idea what they're doing.
View Quote

I strongly agree with this statement.

Also, the CQB slings can be had with or without the quick detach buckles.  Neither of mine have the buckles.  One of mine does, however, use the Sling Thing QD, which I think is very strong.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:45:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also, the CQB slings can be had with or without the quick detach buckles.  Neither of mine have the buckles.  
View Quote

Man where were you when the "ERB or no ERB" debate was raging?  I think the QD buckle is the dumbest gimmick going.  

What, am I going to go HTH with a bad guy at the range?  In my basement?  Gimme a break.

Link Posted: 9/28/2003 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I was here during the "debate."  That's why none of my slings have the ERB (Emergency Release Buckle).  The GG&G QD Sling Thing is a different story.  [;)]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Try a one point sling they require the least amount of hardware to attach and they do not get tangled in the charging handle or bolt release and leave the weapon at your side or in front of you at rib height . I made mine out of an Eagle and a Dieter QD sling with elastic strike points so dont have any recommendations for a one point sling I thought about a Chalker but the harness seems like a pain in the butt .Good Luck it is probably the most personal of all the accessories for an AR and the most varied topic .
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#11]
CQB was great to work with...........

'nuff said.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I use a Daniel Defense Simple Sling(Burnsed Loop).It doesn't get much more simple than that.Any attempted grab can be dealt with by leaning forward and raising my right arm for the rifle and sling to slip off my body.This can be done much faster than me searching for the ERB and opening it in a stressful situation.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I use the original Single Point Sling, from the Wilderness.  It has a quick release that works extremely well.  No other company uses nylon as good as Wilderness does.  I want my sling to rock-solid, not soft on my neck.

Everything else is just a copy....
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#14]
It's also worth statin ghere that the Single Point Sling from The Wilderness was designed from the get-go to have a quick release buckle for one major reason.  To ditch the carbine in order to save your life.  Mainly for units who are maritime.

Now, I can see that the average civilian might not have the "need" for one.  But, what could it hurt??  No one wants to inadvertently drop a carbine on the deck, but I would think it would survive a 3-4 foot fall.  I know mine did, twice in the last month alone.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top