Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2003 2:59:13 PM EDT
I own a wilderness sling and like it, i almost bought the CQB when they first came out,since cheaper. Everyone likes them as far as i can tell. I want to get one for my 1187P and wondered is there any difference than the wilderness. Looks identical. I have the ERB on wilderness and will get it on the CQB sling.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a couple of Wilderness slings and one CQB Solutions sling.  They are very similar but not identical.  The biggest difference is that CQB Solutions uses a nylon webbing that is a bit softer and more flexible than Wilderness uses.  When you get down to the details of things like how they actually attach there are other differences too.  For a fixed stock attachment, the Wilderness sling is either right or left handed and has a small strap that attaches to the rear sling swivel, meaning that they are made for either the A1 or the A2 stocks.  CQB Solutions attachment lacks the strap that attaches to the sling swivel which means it can be used on any fixed stock.  Also the CQB Solutions stock strap has buckles on both sides so that it can be attached on either the right or left side.

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]And[/b] if you get the CST version of the CQB sling you have the ability to immediately transition to your weak side shoulder if you have to shoot from behind cover. No small advantage.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually SailorDude, that is a very big difference in the steup between the Giles slings from Wilderness and the SOP and CST slings from CQB Solutions.

The 2 CQB slings are designed to have the sling run up at the front where the sling attaches to the barrel and it is held in place by a clip.  If you release the clip the slide is able to move back to the rear so that you have more slack for transitioning to the other shoulder.

While it's a nice setup, I actually kind of liked the version that was used on the slings that Bushmaster used to sell as the "Hi/Lo tac sling".  You could also lock the sling to the front or release it so that it moved to the rear.  The differnce is that instead of fumbling with a plastic clip you just gave a pull on a piece of nylon strap.  They also marketed it differently, saying that the forward position was for keeping the muzzle high in a patrol carry while the rear position was for muzzle down CQB use.  Too bad it is made out of such narrow nylon.

The Giles sling is like the CQB Solutions CQB sling.  There is no way of locking the sling to the front and quickly releasing it to the rear.  You use the tri-glide to adjust where you want the sling to attach and there it is.  While it limits options there is something to be said for the simpler approach.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a few CQB Solutions slings.  They are one of the best accessories I have purchased to date.  Go to their website and check it out.  They have a huge product line.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]While it limits options there is something to be said for the simpler approach.[/b]

You're right Hoplophile. Simpler is generally to be preferred. Still, it is handy as all get out sometimes to be able to shoot weak side without ditching the sling. In fact, the CQB Sol. CST model only requires a quick flick of the weak thumb to release and there isn't a bunch of fumbling around involved.

From there however, it does require a well orchestrated movement of your two hands to effect a smooth transition to the other shoulder.

SD
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats what i just ordered last week(cqb cst one for my 1187). If i really like it i will get 2 for my leo ar15's. Got a wilderness 3 pont on my civi BM m4.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got one of the CQB SOP Slings.... that thing rocks!  

http://www.cqbsolutions.com/sop_sling.htm

the wider strap and the easier method of taking it on and off the swivels make it so much easier.  

They'll be getting some more of my business fo' sho' !!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:42:28 AM EDT
[#8]
In addition to fine products and great service they are nice and courteous.  I check their website first to see if they have anything I am looking for.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll second what Cleophis said.  You will not regret dealing with Jeff @ CQB.  If you have questions, call him.  He'll be more than happy to talk to you an answer any questions.  Great guy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought the 1187 cqb cst sling,not tried it out since my gunsmith cleaned my weapon and put on a speed feed4 stock and added a .5" spaer which makes it still .75" shorter than normal,he tightened my nut to tight so i can't get the nut off to put on sling piece,tried towel and channel locks and messed it up a tad so i will leave it for gunsmith to fix.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top