Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2003 3:39:15 PM EDT
Anybody got any brass catcher recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont get one of those mesh bag/canvas/wire frame catchers. Min kept kicking the brass back into the chamber and jamming my rifle. When I got the mouth to stay open, the brass would go in between the catcher and the reciever and just fall on the ground.  Maybe it works for some people, but mine never quite did.

I saw one of those hard catchers on another rifle, and it seemed to wort well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I use one of the rigid brass catchers made by E&L MFG. that bushmaster sells and like it.  It did every so often kick a spent shell back in to the receiver when It was new but It hasn't happened for quite a while(maby 500-800rnds).  If you have optics on your flat top they will need to be modified to fit properly.  Get one it beats the hell out of picking up hundreds of spent cases every range trip.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
check out 3bucc.com. cloth bag fully supported and absolutely will not allow a case to deflect back into chamber.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the E&L units also.  

I have three - one for my A2's, one for my flattops and another for my (gasp) Mini-14/30.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top