Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2003 12:42:55 PM EDT
I am trying to add a verticle grip to my AR15. I have gotten the heat shields off the barrel but my question is, do I have to remove the inner aluminum heat shields to attach the rail system or just leave it in and go over it? If they are to be removed is there any particular way that is best to get the aluminium ones out of the plastic outer coverings w/o damaging them?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You should remove the heatshield from the handguard to mount the rail. The heatshields should just "pop" out and "snap" back in.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
i used a small flat bladed screwdriver, to pry the heat shield from the notch that is molded into the handguard.  IIRC, I had to bend and cut a little of the heat shield to get my rail and GG&G Down and Dirty flashlight mount screws to fit.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top