Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2003 2:13:43 PM EDT
I want to go to a single point sling system.  Is there a quality QD type swivel out there so I don't have to weave a sling in a fixed ring when I want to remove it?  Are snap hooks my best bet?

I love my CQBSolutions 3 point, but it gets in the way of the bolt release/catch and I don't really use all its positions.  I'd like to simplify.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]
ZM Weapons makes a Bungee sling that attatches via snap hook.  I use it with a DPMS sling mount.  Not the one for slings threaded through, but one with a hole low enough to use the Charging Handle with a Badger Tac lLatch.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Vennie,

Using the HK style hook on the DPMS receiver plate is not recommanded.  The plate from DPMS is manufactured by GRSC, The HK hook on that plate will get all torn up and there is a possible problem of the hook working its way lose.  sicne the trap door on the hook is not secured, when you are moving the rifle around in a CQB situation, you can snap the hook right off the loop on the receiver plate.  

GRSC manufactures a single poiint sling with the gold hook, which is the preferred method for mounting to a receiver plate loop.  I actually use a 1 inch webbing and secure the sling to a GG&G rectangle plate, the GRSC has an option to add a 1 inch fast buckle on the siling which you can detach your sling quickly.

[url]www.grsc.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up. Eventually I want to the the KAC sling mount with the eyelet (when I get enough cash).  I just got my RAS, and 1 inch light mount from Lightfighter in the mail today. [bounce]  all I need is the sling mount to make my Preban Bushy KACed out. [:D]  I had the vert grip (I know I buy things backwards, but what can I say.  It was a good deal.)  My Aimpoint is mounted on a KAC offset mount, and it's backed up by the KAC 600m BUIS.  I'm surprised I haven't bounced any checks yet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I so badly wanted to like the KAC QD reciever mount, but the swivel dug mercilessly into the top of my thumb.

Sold it on the EE and stuck with my GG&G/Giles combo.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh.  So there IS a QD swivel receiver mount?..by KAC?  That answers my question.  I homeworked it and it seems like what I was looking for.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The KAC QD sling plate can be somewhat uncomfortable like Lumpy stated.  

I would recommand the GG&G sling plate with left and right loop.  buy a GRSC single point sling with the gold quick pull release buckle. you will loose your weaponis a sec while transition to your secondary.

Vinnie, your gun must look like a KAC poster, we need pictures. :)
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know, but with all this KAC gear I keep buying I can't afford a digital camera. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I know, but with all this KAC gear I keep buying I can't afford a digital camera. [:D]
View Quote

Send it to me, I'll take pics [:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The KAC QD sling plate can be somewhat uncomfortable like Lumpy stated.  

I would recommand the GG&G sling plate with left and right loop.

I went the KAC QD route, which doesn't bother my hand at all, but I have small hands.  It's nice they take the eyelet or swivel, left or right (or both).  I started with the GG&G sling plate (left hand side only for RH people), but it interfered with my PRI Gas Buster charging handles.  I agree with SMGLee, get the GG&G plate - I doubt you will be using (much less need) the PRI G/B C/H.  Of course if you are using QD Hk Snap Hooks, and just need the eyelet, the Dieter unit is nice. (and IIRC, GG&G also makes a ring as well as the square loop)
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top