Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2003 8:22:04 AM EDT
Anybody used the chalker slings from blackhawk?

What was good and bad about them?

Blackhawk list two models, I can't tell what the difference is?

How did you attach the weapon? Sling adapters or web strap?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one.  I like it, but I am sure that others will not.  

The two models are one with shoulder pads and one without.  I recommend the one with pads.

The system has 2 parts.  One is the harness that goes over the shoulders and around the chest.  The second part is the weapon attachment which is little more that a strip ~.5"X5" of webbing with 2 d-rings for securing and a small d-ring for attachment to the weapon.
I put mine around the stock right under the charging handle.

If you take your hands off the weapon it hangs muzzle down between your legs.  This makes it a little awkward to walk.  With either one hand on the grip or one on the forward guard it hangs close to 45 degrees depending on the pressure you apply.  

It is easy to swap hands for me.  Removing the weapon and leaving the harness is easy with a tug on the red tab on the boat shackle.  

This is not a sling for everyone.  Like the catalog says it is great for someone rappeling or needing to use a gas mask.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Get a good single point sling setup.  It'll do the same thing and is simpler amd cost a less.

Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I did order the weapon attatchment to use on my Ithaca M37.  Seems to work well with the single point sling I use with my AR.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:20:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Where did you get the Ithaca adapter?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#5]
It's the one Blackhawk uses with the Chalker Sling.  They sell them in 3 packs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a chalker; unitl one day.

during a carbine shoot at an undisclosed PD facility, I had to run across the street from one building into another without getting shot by someone with Sim guns, the gun pop off the waist strap made by BHI and the gun flopped out and striking me in the knee and slam into my you know what help by my legs because the gun is now tangled in my legs.  I bend over and stop all motion from the pain I am having.  my partner dragged me from the street while laughing hysterically. and I believe I heard the opposition on the other side of the street laughing too. needless to said, I was the joke that day at pizza and beer. next morning I switch to a 3 point sling.

One great feature of the chalker is the quick snap hook. if someone grab your gun in a close in area, you just simply pull the tab and release the gun, while he is trying to regain his balance while holding your rifle, you transition to your secondary and finish him off. regain possession of your long gun and continue the fight.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top