Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2003 7:22:02 PM EDT
How do I put this sling on my rifle? I know which part goes around the stock of the rifle. How does it attach up front.

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It simply attatches to the front sight tower.  Loop it around the rear bar of the front sight.

|\ <~~~ this section.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
What type of sling is that ?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Will itt melt If the front sight gets too hat from shooting?

I got the sling off of ebay for 21.95 if you want the sellers name IM me I will give it to you. I am not sure what the rulse are here posting if like that
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeee, I wouldn't want to find out my friend(the melting). You may find the sling slightly distracting high up there. I would not recommend
mounting it on the factory under barrel swivel either. It was made for sideways mounting and the rifle will flip over towards the front end when carrying it.

The sling pictured is a 3-point tac sling that is designed for a side swivel mount. Side swivel mounts come standard on most M4's and can be had for $15-20. It is a 2 piece metal clamp type device with a side swivel that clamps via 2 roll pins to the barrel and fits snug between the front sight/gas block.

They can be purchased at any gun show or any AR supplier.

[url]www.bushmaster.com[/url]
check under "Slings & Mounts"; steel side sling mount for a picture.

Regards, IB
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I would personally mount some paracord (the string cousin to duct tape) on the rifle & the sling on the paracord. look down thru some Israeli sling posts for pics.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]GG&G Standard Front SLING THING - Price: $31.95[/b]

http://gggaz.com/products/slingthings.php

Got one on my M4, with a similar tac sling

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top