Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2003 8:43:39 PM EDT
Anyone had any experience with this 3 point?
I just ordered one from Lightfighter and was wondering if I made a good choice or should I have picked up a CQB.
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Blankwaffe98,
   Well that is going to depend on you , I have had an Eagle 3point Tac Sling for about a year  ...if only it was 1-1/2 or even 1-1/4 it would be so much better I am currently researching slings because the Eagle really bites and it is because of the one inch webbing they use it puts more weight on the weapon because the area supporting the weight is supported less by a thinner strap on your shoulder on on your neck than a wider strap , my suggestion would be to put the brakes on the Eagle and try to secure a fatter strap it will feel better, but hey that is just my opinion I could be wrong .
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information Hammer.
Its too late to put the brakes on since the sling is on the way.
I will try it and if it is like you describe I will put it on the carbine and get a CQB SOP sling for the A2.
Eitherway the Eagle is a bargin at $24.00 so I cant complain.
Does the adapters fit good and secure or do they move around?
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Blankwaffe98
   Oh man the sling is a dream 'cept for the  1 inch webbing it has HK clips attachments on both ends and it has a cloth attachment that has a loop for the HK clips to attach to and then it is supposed to wrap around the A2 stock (mine never fit completely around the stock and i scrapped them so there may be versions for collapsable or non collapsable) and front sight tower via heavy duty snaps , and I tried to get these snaps to give but they held solid as a rock and very secure. It has silencers on the hardware- foam sleeves that fit around the HK clips - overall its a real nice sling the action on the quick release gizmo works great ,1flick of the lever which its not nor a snap kinda like a buckle and bam ! from an assault position to your shoulder for a precision shot . Perhaps my rig is too weighed down with accessories or was on the heavy end to begin with it is a  RRA m4a3 w/Eotech- 511 #40 ARMS flip up and First Samco m44 handguards I have installed a Badger Ordnance A2 stock with a high mount sling swivel - so I've tried to keep weight to a minimum but may have been fighting a losing battle and that sling lets you know it. So let me know when you get your Eagle assault sling I'd be interested if you feel the same after some use and I paid about the same for mine but as I stated I wish it were at least 1-1/4 in width but if I wished in one hand and... well you know.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Im told that the military users duct tape the adapters on the Butt stock so they dont move.
Thanks for the help.I will let you know how well I like it.
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#6]
We got one while evaluating three point slings for our current deployment; the sling wound up staying with my roommate, who loves the thing. Personally, I prefer the Snap Sling, which is very similar to the Eagle but with metal parts and slightly wider webbing, but the roomie swears by his Eagle.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Got the Eagle sling from Lightfighter today.Thats fast service.
The Eagle is a darn nice well made sling.
The only problem is Lightfighter sent a TAS-3 rather than the TAS-1 that I ordered.
It will not fit my A2 butt stocks(wrong adapters)since its for the M4 collapsible.
Whats the big bummer is its the only one they had in stock and Eagle is 8 weeks delay on back order.
Oh well CQB here I come.

Edit to add.
Well its not a total loss.I put the sling on the CETME using the M4 butt stock adapter through the sling port and it works like a charm.
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushmaster has the black Eagle TAS-1 in stock,so I ordered one thursday and had it sent next day so I would have it for the weekend as originally planned.It came this morning.
I love the features of the sling.The adapters fit perfectly and I love the HK gated hooks.
Although I did find that the A2 butt stock adapter needs to be mounted in front of the sling loop/rec ring on the stock to fit right and stay put,rather than being mounted behind the sling loop over the rear of the stock/butt plate like the directions recommend.
With it mounted in front of the loop/ring and cinched down snug there is no movement or anyway for it to pull off the rear of the stock.
I wanted a O.D. sling originally and thats why I ordered the one from Lighfighter.But as I mentioned they sent a TAS-3 which has the wrong adapters.
So I decided to keep the TAS-3 and use the O.D. green sling and the black adapters from the TAS-1.Looks Great,the black adapters matches the furniture and I have a O.D. sling.
Now I have a spare sling to use on my Armalite SOF M15 when I get it.
Raymond
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
try cmmg's tactical slings... they look a lot like the eagle... i got one in od green that im very impressed with... 1" webbing, but it doesnt seem to bite too bad... i like it alot, and its less than $30...
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:57:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the Eagle. All of mine have 1 1/2" webbing. They quit using the narrow stuff. The only complaint that I have is that those gated hooks are too rigid and have a tendency to jab me in the chest. I recently have been in contact with Jeff at CQB Solutions. Their products are great. He has no complaints from me. You might give them a shout. You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#11]
So far I have been pleased with the Eagle sling.
The slings I got are all one inch but it does not seem to be a problem for me.
Thanks for the help fella's.
Raymond
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top