Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2003 12:15:04 PM EDT
I bought the First Samco M44 handguards about three weeks ago (a poor mans SIR system) and they are great . I just can't bear to part with the $400 for a SIR system (although I will eventually after I've spent $500 in other accessories to make me think I have a SIR system) and thought wtf and tried them. They make my carbine look different makes me wonder why handguards have remained basically the same in appearance since Hector was a pup. I know because looks don't matter on a black rifle , but eau contraire looks do matter or all these rifle/carbines would not get the money and time spent on them .Sorry no pictures but take my word for it tney are sweet the four rail covers are removable with out having to remove the handguard just pry a finger nail under them they are rubber and they don't have the weight I am sure the Sir system or a RAS or just a four rail aluminum tube has. If they weren't cool I wouldn't be sitting here feeling like a fat rat who got over .
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a set after I noticed Midway had 'em, right after I sent my C&R in for the dealer discount.  I like 'em, but I had a little trouble with the 1st Samco stuff to stick on them.  

I got the flashlight mount for the streamlight, and the bipod mount.  Both were incredibly tight when I tried to mount them on a regular picatinny rail...so I made a slight alteration (filed down) the end of the little metal piece that the pushbutton moves.  It was still tight, but I could at least get the damn things on the rail.  

When the M44s showed up (ordered from 2 different places), of course the stuff I tweaked was a little loose...front to back, which was not what should have happened based on what I was filing.  

In any event, the vertical grip I have mounted on there...the one from ACE, Ltd, seems ok, but I notice if I pull/push on it with any degree of force, it will move...it looks like if I continue, I could rip the thing off the rail.  

Based on that, I don't know how sturdy they are.  They do feel comfortable with the panels, on, I'll say that.  I will probably order another light mount before too long, to put on another rifle.  If the unaltered one fits better on the M44 handguards, then I'd give them a little better rating.  For light duty, they seem fine...don't know how they'd hold up under "field" conditions, though.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top