Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 2:48:11 PM EDT
I just completed building my new toy, and need help in locating an assault case that will fit.  It's a preban Eagle Arms/Bushmaster M4gery with Vltor collapsible stock, SIR #50, Aimpoint ML2, OTAL laser, and Surefire M900A.  The problem is it's overall height is taller than most commercially available padded cases, and requires the M900A or Aimpoint to be removed.  I'd like to find a nice heavy padded case that will fit without breaking it down.

Dimensions are approx. 31" L x 12" H.  I'd like to find a case in the 32-36" L x 13-15" H range, with external mag pouches, or to find a nice hardsided aluminum/polymer case of the same size.

Any suggestions?

EDITED to add pic of what I'm trying to protect.

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
have you taken a look at blackhawk's discreet weapon case?  it's a padded nylon case, but it's a true rectangle.  not tapered like a regular case.  they have one that's 32 x 2.5 x 13.5 if that's big enough.  they show a flat-top m4 with an aimpoint and a 30-rd mag with collapsed stock laying in it for the picture in the catalog.  in the pic, both the butt and the flash suppressor are touching the inside of the case.  no wiggle room.  next size up that's wide like that is 40 x 2.5 x 13.5

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll check it out, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Checked out the CAV Arms cases, and while they look to be the right size, they don't look very protective.  I'm looking for something with heavy duty padding, that can take the abuse of riding in the trunk of a patrol car without worrying about damage.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out [url]www.cactustactical.com/galati/riflecases.html[/url]

I'm very pleased with mine. [frag]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]
[url=http://www.wallerandson.com/index.htm] Waller[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Galati case.  It's great.

[url=http://www.galatiinternational.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GIO&Product_Code=4208&Category_Code=galaticases]Galati Rifle Case[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#8]
My King case (by Galati, but with a ittle less padding than their name case) is great, but with a surefire mounted on the side it barely fits, and will not fit with a vert grip attached.  

I looked at the Cav Arms bag (Cav Arms makes and sells great stuff), but buying the case  and then buying Molle pouches for mags makes it pretty expensive.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
My 40" Blackhawk discreet case came today.  So far, I really like it.  It needs an additional mag pouch, but that's no big deal.  My only thing I can bitch about is how the shoulder strap is positioned.  It seems tough as nails and I have no concerns about protection.  LOTS (and I do mean LOTS) of room for extra gear!  Great price if you go through a dealer's website (e.g. SableCO) and order factory direct.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#11]
You might take a look at ASPI Tactical's Tac Force line of bags. These bags are Made in Taiwan knock offs of the Blackhawk bags. They are rectangular bags with three internal mag pouches and a big external pocket that runs the lenght of the bag. (They also have a nice 42 inch copy of Blackhawks Double Rifle bag.)

All of these bags come in just under $50.00

[url]www.aspitactical.com/tacforce/details/ver8-71006.asp?PRODUCT_ID=71006[/url]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top